BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am struggling to get a build sheet here in the UK for my B10 as it was a german built car and the UK dealers have no record of chassis or registration!! when they do a chassis/reg check there system just comes up with GMBH 535i car, can anyone in germany help? the chassis is 0930287 and its PDI date was 30-11-87 at Buchloe and build (plaque) number is 77 ,
I am just trying to complete its history and all I am short is confirmation that it was the last B10 if not the last E28 to come out of Buchloe and the build spec sheet as it has a few extras that I havent seen in UK built cars (long range tank/VDO gauges in air vent /cruise control /AC ect.) any help will be greatly appreciated! :byebye:

·
Registered
146 Posts
why not email Alpina in Germany...sorry sounds obvious with all the relevent numbers etc to see if they can trace the same :typing:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just thought if like here in England theres a few people with all B10 information to hand, IE all 25 UK built B10`s, I thought maybe Kees might have some info as to the german built cars as I know he is a wealth of information!! :typing:

·
Registered
146 Posts
very true, i could nt harm though so the more angles you have covered the more likely u wil get the info u crave ;)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True,
have just mailed Alpina and Mobile tradition to see what they come up with!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jimmy

if you call Alpina you should speak to
Mr Christopher Kratzer
Phone: +49 8241/5005-131
E-Mail: [email protected]

i've always found him very helpful.. he's in Alpina parts department in Buchloe

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
jimmy01 said:
I just thought if like here in England theres a few people with all B10 information to hand, IE all 25 UK built B10`s, I thought maybe Kees might have some info as to the german built cars as I know he is a wealth of information!! :typing:
I have a bit (around 1700 vehicles) but don't know everything :(

Always curious for more though. If you need any help with German translations, let me know. BTW...I though we'd already translated your buildsheet?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Kees,
no not mine, I havent got one hence why I want to complete the history,
still dont know if it is the last e28 either!!

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
jimmy01 said:
Hi Kees,
no not mine, I havent got one hence why I want to complete the history,
still dont know if it is the last e28 either!!
Ok. Just contact Alpina for your buildsheet and we'll translate it.

Yours is the last E28 3.5 as far as I know...some of the last B7 Turbo's might have been slightly later...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have mailed Alpina so will see what they come up with,
thanks for the offer, I will be taking you up on it! :cheers:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a quick update,
BMW Mobile tradition have got back to me and say that my e28 was the last e28 built in Germany!! can this be true? Kees, do you have any access to this information? My car was registered in Uk in May 88 so could be last built but not last sold?? the Quest goes on!! :byebye:

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
jimmy01 said:
Just a quick update,
BMW Mobile tradition have got back to me and say that my e28 was the last e28 built in Germany!! can this be true? Kees, do you have any access to this information? My car was registered in Uk in May 88 so could be last built but not last sold?? the Quest goes on!! :byebye:
Sorry Jimmy - I'm not as well informed as Mobile Tradition - but that's quite possible. Thing is that your E28 might have left the BMW factory as last, but it might still not have been the final Alpina built.

·
Registered
339 Posts
kees said:
Sorry Jimmy - I'm not as well informed as Mobile Tradition - but that's quite possible. Thing is that your E28 might have left the BMW factory as last, but it might still not have been the final Alpina built.
surely Alpina only converted the cars from New (not like in the UK) where they could take a 1 year old car for example and convert it...

if Alpina only converted from new there's a high chance that the last E28 to roll out of the factory and was then delivered to Alpina 1 days later would indeed be the last Alpina also??

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
D4 said:
surely Alpina only converted the cars from New (not like in the UK) where they could take a 1 year old car for example and convert it...

if Alpina only converted from new there's a high chance that the last E28 to roll out of the factory and was then delivered to Alpina 1 days later would indeed be the last Alpina also??
Yes - but B10 3.5 and B7 Turbo would have been built in parallel, so it's possible that the last B7 (incidently also a board member here) was built later than Jimmy's B10 3.5. Either way it's nitpicking. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts