BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/bmw-m5-prototyp-fahrbericht-1584144.html Translated here: http://translate.google.com/transla...ikel/bmw-m5-prototyp-fahrbericht-1584144.html

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...ericht-top-5er-mit-biturbo-power-3545296.html

"Der neue M5 bekommt eine verstärkte Version des Doppelkupplung-Räderwerks aus dem M3. Gimmick der schnellen Siebengangschaltung: das optimierte Drivelogic-Regelsystem."

"sehr schnell, aber kein Knochenbrecher" = "very fast, but no bone crusher."

Erster Eindruck: Man fühlt sich wohl im neuen M5. Er bietet soviel Komfort, wie es bei einem Supersportler möglich ist. Die Sportsitze liegen gut an, sind bequem und bieten guten Seitenhalt. Das Lenkrad ist griffig und die Anordnung der Instrumente ist übersichtlich.

"Kaum sichtbar, aber sehr effektiv: die aerodynamischen Verbesserungen wie zum Beispiel die variablen Kühlluftöffnungen" "There is hardly visible, but very effective: the aerodynamic improvements such as variable air intakes"

"Kaum sichtbar, aber sehr effektiv: die aerodynamischen Verbesserungen wie zum Beispiel die variablen Kühlluftöffnungen"

"die durch spezielle Luftvorhänge entschärfte seitliche Anströmung der Räder, die saugnapfähnliche Be- und Entlüftung der Radhäuser und...

.. die Maßnahmen zur Erhöhung des Anpressdrucks (Diffusoren am Heck, Winglets in der Frontschürze, nahezu planer Unterboden, kleiner Spoiler am Kofferdeckel)."

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the Auto Motor und Sport article: "Still lush fall out of torque increase. Instead of the 520 Nm may BMW M5 fans hope to 680 to 700 Nm"

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine not as snappy as the V10 but better than the X5M and X6M:

"Dank jeder Menge Feinarbeit an den Turboladern hängt der V8 darüber hinaus nochmals enger am Gas als in den X-Modellen – freilich ohne an den bissig zuschnappenden V10-Fünfliter aus dem Vorgänger heranzukommen."

Thanks to a lot of fine work on the turbo the V8 is also close again at the gas than in the X-models - though without the bite to get at snapping a five-liter V10 from the predecessor.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"To convert the power not only in smoke and rubberized asphalt, the BMW M5, a new rear differential lock provides greater traction. The previously used viscous coupling is maintained at the differential, though, it appears already in action before a wheel is spinning. When the accelerator pedal position announced early boost, a control mechanism is based on blocking effect as a precaution."

Um die Kraft nicht nur in Rauch und gummierten Asphalt umzuwandeln, sorgt im BMW M5 eine neue Hinterachs-Sperre für mehr Traktion. Dabei wird die bisher verwendete Viskokupplung am Differential beibehalten, sie tritt jedoch schon in Aktion bevor ein Rad durchdreht. Sobald die Gaspedalstellung baldigen Schub ankündigt, baut ein Regelmechanismus vorsorglich Sperrwirkung auf.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey Gustav. Thanks so much for the translations! What do you think they mean when they say... "Very fast, but NO BONECRUSHER"?

Bonecrusher?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Liedk no car that wil deliveer breakneckspeeds?

DOnt you have the word bonecrusher in US? :S Like super tuff super hardcore, lethal :grinyes:

Hey Gustav. Thanks so much for the translations! What do you think they mean when they say... "Very fast, but NO BONECRUSHER"?

Bonecrusher?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Liedk no car that wil deliveer breakneckspeeds?

DOnt you have the word bonecrusher in US? :S Like super tuff super hardcore, lethal :grinyes:
Hahah! I'm not actually too familiar with that term! I'm a 1st Generation Chinese immigrant living here on the East Coast. English is not even my primary language but I have been speaking it for over 20 years pretty fluently. And yet I don't know that term :grinyes:

Sucks to hear that the F10 M5 won't be as responsive as the V10. Break neck speeds? It sounds like that it will not be too fast? I hope not. The F10 M5 should in every way be significantly faster from every speed than its predecessor. Just like the big difference in performance between the E39 M5 and the E60 M5.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is it me or do those buttons look cheap? Not BMW like.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Here's the Auto-motor-und-sport translation via Google Translate. For all of us 'Cast Iron' M5 fans...

The new BMW M5 will debut at the IAA in the autumn.‬
Already had auto motor und sport opportunity, the new top-5 in winter testing in Sweden a substantial chance to feel the turbo-tooth.‬
‪But the idea is likely to cast iron M-disciples trigger panic attacks: Leg new BMW M5 is the focus on efficiency and comfort are mainly set.Says BMW promises for the autumn presented top five significantly reduced CO2 emissions and significantly more ride comfort.‬ ‪That's probably racing taxi, adieu Pistensau?‬

‪Biturbo with brute arrival in the new BMW M5‬
‪Not likely.‬ ‪Although BMW is currently no data for the M5 out moves even, lets look a the technique of the test vehicle, in Arjeplog, Sweden, the Arctic circle their cold tests pass now, deep breath: So does indeed take the high-revving V10 engine with 507 hp, a turbocharged 4.4 -liter V8 used, but makes the already in the M-variants of X5 and X6 555 hp. And the BMW M5, it is even an extra dollop of cream to give still apply PS 560 as likely.Still lush fall out of torque increase.‬ ‪Instead of the 520 Nm may BMW M5 fans hope to 680 to 700 Nm.‬ ‪This is the sprint speed of 100 only 4.5 instead of 4.7 seconds to take. ‬

‪In fact, the pre-series BMW M5er enthusiastic in his first outing with brute acceleration.‬ ‪Unlike the previous atmospheric model.The that beyond its 6,000 rpm maximum torque achieved only Sets the Bi-Turbo in the BMW M5 is already nearly idle speed to about stuff.Thanks to a lot of fine work on the turbo the V8 is also close again at the gas than in the X-models - though without the bite to get at snapping a five-liter V10 from the predecessor.‬

‪Dual-clutch gearbox and rear differential predictive‬
‪To force not only in smoke and rubberized asphalt to transform, lock ensures the BMW M5, a new rear axle for better traction.In this case, the viscous coupling differential on the previously used maintained, though, it appears already in action before a wheel is spinning.When the accelerator pedal position announced early boost, a control mechanism is based on blocking effect as a precaution.‬

‪This not only massive sprints from a standstill, thanks to a continuous and use of force, the 4.90-meter sedan makes when accelerating out of tight turns amazingly easy to control.‬ ‪Four-wheel drive was for reasons of weight and the new BMW M5 is not an issue.‬ ‪By linear growth and tougher security regulations in any case it will be heavier than its predecessor.‬
‪But BMW M5 gear reloading the: Instead of fast, but also acting gruff SMG box comes as the M3 a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox is used.Remain, however, could adjust them as the rocker in the center console, with the closing times of ultra-smart and smoothly-sanded.‬ ‪Following a similar pattern can be left of the gear selector lever accelerator response, ESP mode, chassis and power-assisted steering hardness adjusted separately via separate buttons.‬

‪In arctic Sweden, with its sometimes icy slopes impressed the M5 primarily the M Dynamic mode for the ESP that will help with the self-gifted pilots impressive drifts without completely renounce the use of electronic safety blanket must.
‪Chassis of the BMW M5 may comfort and sport‬
‪But as it was now with the comfort?‬ ‪Thanks to the larger spread for the adaptive dampers, the suspension of the BMW M5 is finally worthy of its name.Here, the damper in position to take comfort at higher speeds even common Frost risers terror and provide comparatively binding rolling.‬ ‪In Sport Plus mode, however, still passed every little detail about the road condition, which is why BMW recommends it only for use on race tracks.‬

‪Cast iron BMW M5 fans will thus still have their fun and lateral dynamics.‬ ‪And a better environmental conscience: Thanks start-stop system and much fine-tuning of the engine and transmission, CO2 emissions are reduced by at least 25 percent.‬ ‪In view of the 351 grams per kilometer of its predecessor, this would convert a ECE consumption of about eleven liters mean.By the way, the resulting increase in range forces to less fuel stops.‬ ‪Also the cast iron should enjoy the M5 Group.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Agreed, those buttons do look cheap. But its just a test car. I like the fact that this car can perform well in the snow considering the rwd it seems to be moving nicely. How they can say it s no bone crusher from testing on snow is beyond me. Once dressed up in it s final variation this car will be schit hot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
....I like the fact that this car can perform well in the snow considering the rwd it seems to be moving nicely.
Between this BMW film, and Ferrari's recent on-the-snow publicity, I'm left wondering. Sure, it's great to do the big slippy-slidy on snow when you a) know the road and b) know there's nobody coming. But in real life, the snow-driving takes on new requirements when you don't know what's on the other end of that tunnel and road, and then some SUV/crossover appears out of nowhere coming the other way...or stopped on the road in front of you. Finessing THAT is not the same as when you have the road to yourself and you know the course. Granted, it doesn't make for very appealing commercials :biggrinbounce:, but you get my point.

Just because they show a professional driver on a closed course in the snow does NOT mean it handles like a 4wd with big-ole knobbies in that same snow. While I'd certainly enjoy my current (and next?) RWD M5 handling like that, I'm under no such illusions that I would just power through blind curves. Too many stooooparooo's out here!

:cheers: y'all.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
What on earth? Are they implying that the engine shuts (something?) off when idling or stopped? Is that a standard part of the EffDyn stuff?
Yes, the new M3 just got this feature as well afaik

·
Registered
652 Posts

Bonecrusher?
That means any GTR will eat it.:(
Reading that "Soft" is it's target.

I did say it would not match the V10 and this does not.

·
Registered
201 Posts
One is for sure: BMW knows how to tease us. :) In fact they know very well how to "pre-market tease" us.
I'd say lets wait and see. The FINAL product will be a surprise and MORE of everything we can imagine! ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts