BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is now less than 3 weeks to go [August 21st] to the BMW Car Club National Festival at Gaydon. It would be good to have a large showing of ALPINA cars.
Who can confirm that they are going?

Kevin.

·
Banned
664 Posts
We've been tracking attendance for several weeks on my site:

Gaydon Attendees

Andy (D4) is the official ALPINA BMW Car Club Organiser and will ultimately decide who'll make it into the ALPINA area - that is not to say that other cars won't be able to get into other areas....

Should be a good turn out based on the 20++ cars there last year....

pity I'm away on holiday

cheers

Neil

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Guys this is a Repost from Neil's website...

Hi Guys...

Andy here...
As some of you may know i've not long taken over the running of the BMW Car Club Alpina Register and although it's not been officially launched yet (more info on that shortly) there will indeed be a display of approximately 20 cars in total in the main display arena.

Unfortunately as spaces are very limited I'm looking for about 10-15 cars (approx 5 already organised) in as varied a shape and age as possible (especially as this year is the 40th Anniversary of the marque.)

A apologise in advance because clearly not everyone on here will be able to get their car on the stand this year, but I will endeavour to shuffle the cars from event to event as there's nothing more boring than seeing the same cars at every event.

Other points are: everyone displaying should be a member of the Car Club, also all cars on display will need to be in position by 9 am. And obviously it goes without saying that as cars on the stand are representing the rest of the register that they should be in as good a condition as possible.

Sorry to sound a bit formal and pompus (i'm not really) just trying to whittle the numbers down to 20, which believe me ain't easy.

So if you can make it for the specified time etc etc.. then drop me line on: [email protected]

BTW the official Car Club Launch of the register is slated for the Donington BMW Show in October where we hope to have a very big indoor display fully supported by the Club - more details to follow.

I have already 12-13 cars confirmed but am still looking for another 6 or 7 especially E36 or E46 models... and any 7's or 8's

Cheers

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts