BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's with OPEC?
Seems like since I've bought this car, gas prices have been sky high. And of course we have to run high octane. Just when there was a break, prices are on the rise agian. Is this really supply and demand? Do we really have to pay to play? These gas prices are killing me. It'll be $3.00/gallon by the summer (more on the West coast. I suppose those in the UK will chime in with...'what are you complaining about' ;)

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/08/news/economy/gas_prices.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

·
Registered
158 Posts
boostmiser said:
What's with OPEC?
Seems like since I've bought this car, gas prices have been sky high. And of course we have to run high octane. Just when there was a break, prices are on the rise agian. Is this really supply and demand? Do we really have to pay to play? These gas prices are killing me. It'll be $3.00/gallon by the summer (more on the West coast. I suppose those in the UK will chime in with...'what are you complaining about' ;)

Not just the UK but Hawaii, too.....I'm paying $2.51 per gallon for 92 octane, and this is the USA!

·
Registered
49,476 Posts

Oops, the 850 CSi is indeed thirst when going full speed all the time.

The Kelleners M3 was not that bad in consumption.
<small>

</small>

Anyone from America that feels they want to complain about high fuelprices? 22 gallons for $127 at the exchange rate of 29th of January 2005.

B

·
0 Posts
I heard that a gallon of gas in Venezuela is US$0.17. Now that is cheap.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
We pay a buck for a gallon. Thats $ 0.26 per liter

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I paid $1.74 per gallon for 93 octane last week in Houston. I know those of you reading this from CA can't believe it and your getting 92 octane. Your weather is better, well until recently anyway. Hey you don't have bugs. No where is perfect.

Mark

·
Registered
631 Posts
gumball said:
£0.80 PER LITRE IN ENGLAND. It makes me mad when you see how much it is in america
If only I could find £0.80 per litre, had to fill up yesterday @ South Mimms on the M25 £0.88 per litre, needless to say I didn't fill it right up, just enough to get somewhere with sensible prices. But even so locally I'm still stuffed for £0.84

·
Registered
12,913 Posts
Hector Lopez said:
Just filled up this morning. $2.61 per gallon for 92 oct. It doesn't look like it is going to get any better any time soon!:crying:
This week, $2.16 for Chevron 93, up $.05 from last week...
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
259 Posts
2.52 for 91 in San Diego...I think the octane rating, or lack there of, pisses me off more than the **** price in this city!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just paid about $1.99 for 93. (and noticed I'm getting about 11.5 MPG. better keep my foot out of it!!!)
We can get 100 unleaded for about 4 bucks a gallon give or take.

And I can SEE the refinery!!

boostmiser said:
What's with OPEC?

·
Registered
50 Posts
SeeSure said:
If only I could find £0.80 per litre, had to fill up yesterday @ South Mimms on the M25 £0.88 per litre, needless to say I didn't fill it right up, just enough to get somewhere with sensible prices. But even so locally I'm still stuffed for £0.84
80.p is the nearest garage to me. I was reading an article about fuel cost and where it all goes. A tanker has £30K or petrol in it. £22k goes to gouverment on tax, £4k on petrol (which has tax aswell due to import duties i think), £2k transport fees and the garage make £2K. what a scam!

:mad:

What is the highest price you have seen?

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Watching the local news a few days ago, and heard the mention that our oil reserves are at a 5 year high????????? Figure that one out, as our gas prices steadily rise.hmmm They also projected prices per gallon to be between $2.50 - $3.00 by the summer in the Northeast. I know I know I'll stop complaining;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
MAH, $1.74 last week...I just paid $2.16 for Shell on the way home tonight.

I try not to ***** because I can remember living in Sweden in '97 and taking a trip in my buddies dad's XJR and filling up in France - whew...that wasn't cheap.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
$2.45/gal. and we only get 91 AKI, not 92 in most parts of California. :crying:

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
TXE39 said:
MAH, $1.74 last week...I just paid $2.16 for Shell on the way home tonight.

I try not to ***** because I can remember living in Sweden in '97 and taking a trip in my buddies dad's XJR and filling up in France - whew...that wasn't cheap.
Where are you located here? Kroger offers a $.10 per gallon discount for $100 spent on groceries. Tomball seems to have gas around $.10 a gallon cheaper than most of Houston. You have to love having local refineries in your back yard.

Mark

·
Registered
64 Posts
MAH said:
Where are you located here? Kroger offers a $.10 per gallon discount for $100 spent on groceries. Tomball seems to have gas around $.10 a gallon cheaper than most of Houston. You have to love having local refineries in your back yard.

Mark
I'm in The Woodlands. I know about the Kroger thing but it always seems that time is an issue any time I need fuel. There is a Shell on the way out to Research Forest Dr. from my neighborhood...so I always end up there. Sometimes I stop on the way in at an Exxon on Research...almost always the same price as the Shell.

I guess we have enough east and west coasters living here that no one notices :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts