BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the price of gas escalating up to the $3.00/gal or more, will that affect the amount you drive your M5? I drive my M5 2 days out of the week, so it really doesn't affect me, but how about those of you that use your M5 as a daily driver? As of 4-11-05 in Central Calif, premium is 2.90-2.99 gal.

·
10,455 Posts
No changes for me, the M5 still gets better gas milage than my wife's lx470, so i suppose the m5 is the family's economy car!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Burn it while you can get it

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nidan said:
With the price of gas escalating up to the $3.00/gal or more, will that affect the amount you drive your M5? I drive my M5 2 days out of the week, so it really doesn't affect me, but how about those of you that use your M5 as a daily driver? As of 4-11-05 in Central Calif, premium is 2.90-2.99 gal.
Nope. I consider driving my M5 a form of entertainment and as such am willing to pay for the gas - at whatever price they charge me. I'd give up other forms of entertainment before giving up driving the M5.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Still less than 2.50 per gallon here in FL. Don't care what the cost is. Even at 3 bucks a gallon it's still cheap fun if you ask me....

Jordan

·
Registered
445 Posts
Not at all. Work still pays for gas and my car allowance! ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
I drive almost 60 miles a day round trip during the week.

Gotta love what you drive IMO.

Ya think since we now OWN Iraq which is 2nd largest oil producing nation in world we can get a discount now?

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Not at all, I drive my M5 everyday and love it! I still get better gas mileage than my wife's SUV @ <15 MPG's. Considering the high gas prices in Canada and Europe, $3.00 a gallon is not that much money for a gallon of gas:wroom:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Absolutely not. From a total enjoyment point of view gas costs are cheap entertainment.

·
Registered
136 Posts
not me... i'm still amazed how good the gas mileage is. with the warmer weather, i've been driving more insanely and i want to say the mileage doesn't suffer at all. sure i have to pay for super, but the mileage is on par with my wife's 4Runner and i get much more enjoyment out of the M5. :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
My odometer pass 89,000 miles today.
What do you think my answer will be?

let's do some scary math...

89,000 miles at approximately 17.5 mpg... is 5085 gallons.

Let's assume that the average price (here in sunny & pricey California) over the past 4 years is $2.00... that's well over $10,000.

Same mileage in some econobox that got 30 mpg... 2900 gallons. $6,000.

So for an extra $1000 per year in gas money I got to drive The Beast. Even at $3.00 per gallon, that's $1500 a year to drive what I want to drive. I spend 2 hours a day in my car. That's money well spent to keep me happy, healthy and sane.

NO CONTEST!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Gas prices are what they are. Driving is a way of life in So Cal. Even if it goes up to $5.00 a gallon, I don't think it will change my driving habits. I'll just have to eat more Top Ramen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
chunpng said:
Nope, but I'm negotiating a discount with my therapist. :)

CP
I know that everyone in North America has heard this before but enjoy it while you can. In Scotland we are paying over $7.00 for a Gallon of 98 octane. And you get good summers too-life is not fair!! $3.00 would be a small price to pay to enjoy the miles in the Beast....

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
With gas prices in south Florida around $2.50-2.60/gal for premium, I just put some 100 octane unleaded in for the relative bargain price of $5/gal. Good to treat the beast once in a while to some high octane champagne!!!
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 20 of 39 Posts