·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, Gents, these items were from my E39,

1. 6-Disc CD Changer w/ Cartridge $200.00
2. OEM Front & Rear Brake Calipers and Rotors (~35,000 miles) $500.00
3. Carbon Fiber Hood (Excellent fitment) $300.00

On item 3, this is the best fit CF hood I have seen and I seen quite a bit as I owned a highend Auto Body Shop a few years back. Excellent fender gap!!! The only flaw is mild condensation in the resin. This dulls the reflection in certain spot. Being a perfectionist, this really bothered me. Then the Wife' who gave me hell for having a bare CF hood on my Carbon Black M5. Highly recommended that this hood be painted. It takes a tremendous amount of weight off the frontend. cherrsagai

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For clarification, the Carbon Fiber hood is not painted. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Note: The hood has been in storage for a long while so it's a bit dusty.

For the money I am asking you shouldn't have the expectation of a Vorsteiner's finish. For your $300, you getting a great value in an excellent fit and construction and weight saving. I've seen CF hoods that cost 4X this and didn't fit half as well. As I mentioned before, I recommend that you paint the hood, unless you're a hardcore CF lover.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
That's dirt cheap:eek:oohhh:... if nobody buys it i'll buy from you:thumbsup:
Note: The hood has been in storage for a long while so it's a bit dusty.

For the money I am asking you shouldn't have the expectation of a Vorsteiner's finish. For your $300, you getting a great value in an excellent fit and construction and weight saving. I've seen CF hoods that cost 4X this and didn't fit half as well. As I mentioned before, I recommend that you paint the hood, unless you're a hardcore CF lover.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The hood is tentatively sold. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely, will let you know within the next day or 2. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You got it!!! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I sharted

sorry guys!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I sent a PM on the hood. I'm local and can meet tomorrow with cash if you still have it avail - and passes a visual inspection. Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm local and went to look at the hood on saturday, it's in very good condition, very lightweight. This guy knows a lot about carbon fiber, he had a few other pieces for a racebike laying around, so he knows his stuff.

As he described there are areas on the hood where it is a bit cloudy, but its not horrible and you'd probably paint the hood anyway and it'd be perfect. $1000-1200 dollar hood for 300 bucks is a great deal. I really wish I could afford it right now. My financial situation doesn't have a carbon fiber hood in it right now.

This is a great deal, from a stand up seller. :cheers:

Nice meeting you David. I Didn't see you at the track sunday? It was a blast.

Reactions: Archille

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, Chris! It was nice meeting you, too.

Mike from Vorsteiner got me good with his Hennessy at Taos on Saturday night.

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves without me on Sunday. :grrrrr:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts