BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this in case someone wants to spice up their garage floor. I looked at all options and came up with this. When I built this garage, 10 years ago, I poured the concrete in a dark grey mix. I decided to make it look like Granite Tiles and I think I did just that. So take a look at the following pictures and that may just have some of you doing the same to your home for your M. Oh Ya, I don't call this a garage any more, it's a 1700 Sq Ft "Room" to park your toys in.

The cost of this is about $6.00 per square foot. I don't think you can buy tile for that or even those tiles made of rubber or plastic. And this is bullet proof.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wow! Wish my garage looked like that!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Awesome home for the beast and other toys! Looks like you still got room for another toy???

·
Registered
569 Posts
niceeeeee like those work bench. The first thing i did when got the keys to my house was epoxy-ed the garage floor. it been 4 years now....and no peeling at all

·
Registered
604 Posts
WOW looks amazing. Wish i had a garage to do that to lol. I could see you installing lifts next but doubt you need it with all that extra room.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Wow looks great well done

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I appreciate all the nice complements on this floor. For more info, that work bench is 50 feet long as well as the storage on the opposing side. With 8 big windows it's never dark. And it is wired for a flat screen but have not gotten around to installing one. I had a cheap TV in there at one time and I would watch some sports while I detailed my M. There is more room in there, as I left the ski boat out of the picture.
Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
very nice enjoy it!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well done. This is above and beyond for a garage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had my garage plastered & painted; just deciding what to do with the floor. Thinking of a dark grey resin, but may go for something sparkly (Kids would love it).

Congrats & jealous

·
Registered
615 Posts
I appreciate all the nice complements on this floor. For more info, that work bench is 50 feet long as well as the storage on the opposing side. With 8 big windows it's never dark. And it is wired for a flat screen but have not gotten around to installing one. I had a cheap TV in there at one time and I would watch some sports while I detailed my M. There is more room in there, as I left the ski boat out of the picture.
Thanks again guys.
How did they cut the lines in the floor, I can't imagine it was freehand via chalk lines! Was it $6/sq ft with all the cutting and prepping or just the resin? I also love the massive wood beams, that is a hell of a car-barn.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How did they cut the lines in the floor, I can't imagine it was freehand via chalk lines! Was it $6/sq ft with all the cutting and prepping or just the resin? I also love the massive wood beams, that is a hell of a car-barn.
In one of the pictures, I think the 2nd one it shows them cutting it with a large machine at a depth of 3/8" We did snap lines for the cutter to follow. and that was 500 additional bucks, which was a fair price. To do it with a skill saw would have been a huge job. The cutting was seperate of the company that did the grinding of the slab,polishing and resin. The resin did nothing in the appearance other than filling the minor imperfections. But once it was sealed with a 3M product it did deeping the look and added a bit of the shine, which is perminate.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts