BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following is all the information I could find on the G-POWER clutch....apparently there are two kits pricing up to $1600.....has anyone done any more research on this setup?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="95%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=tds1e colSpan=50>G-POWER Engine Clutch General information on G-POWER products:

Particularly for supercharged cars (as the G-POWER compressor cars EVO II and EVO III), G-POWER offers for these high requirements a particular clutch basing on parts of Fichtel & Sachs - meeting with the special requirements of today’s sport engines. The amplified clutch of G-POWER is made exactly for customers who want to keep their habits in operating the clutch as they are used to with the series version. For these customers we offer the GPS clutch sets, consisting of three pieces. The advantage of this clutch is that the rubbing discs, consisting of organic materials, are able to keep the pedal pressure despite of higher pressure on the clutch plate. These clutches can be used for performance upgraded cars (performance upgrade until 40 %). The GPR clutch sets are especially for supercharged cars, offering them a bit more pedal pressure and being designed for performance increases until 80 per cent.
Special models on request.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tds1c>Art.-No.</TD><TD class=tds1c colSpan=20>Product description</TD></TR><TR id=ank11450><TD class=tds1d2 vAlign=top>110.0300.05</TD><TD class=tds1d2 vAlign=top width="99%">G-POWER clutch set GP R - E39 M5 5,0l amplified</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tds1d></TD><TD class=tds1d vAlign=top>Consisting of pressure plate (with changed pressure features), amplified racing clutch disc and corresp. bearings, e.g. for EVO II kits. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tds1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="50%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=font8pt vAlign=top noWrap>G-POWER GmbH
Küferstraße 9
D-25541 Brunsbüttel</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>
</TD><TD class=font8pt vAlign=top noWrap>Tel.: +49 (0) 4852 / 54 209
Fax: +49 (0) 4852 / 54 408 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>
</TD><TD class=font8pt vAlign=top noWrap>0700 / 47 69 37 33
0700 / GPOWERDE</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Is it as large as a 205 HP Ford Mustang clutch? I doubt it....

Probably another iteration of BMW's undersized 9-5/8" setup originally sized for 3200 lb 6 cyl cars.

Hey, it's amplified!! I wonder if it's compatible with 4 ohm speakers?

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True dat!:cheers:

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any comments? ;

G-Power forwarded your information request to us. We at Bavarian Autosport are their US importer. G-Power does offer a performance clutch kit for the E39 M5. Their kit uses the stock flywheel but has a performance disc and a pressure plate with far more clamping force than stock. And of course they have a heavy duty throwout bearing to go with it as well. This is the same clutch they use with their EVO supercharger kits that put out 600 horsepower. Should hold up to a US spec M5 just fine. These are special order, and they do need to come from Germany. A regular special order from G-Power typically takes 4-6 weeks, but a clutch could be air-freighted in 2 weeks. The clutch kit sells for $1849.95.
Feel free to contact me if you have further questions or wish to place an order.

Ken Brown
Bavarian Autosport
275 Constitution Ave
Portsmouth NH 03801
800.535.2002 ext 1244

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
more from Bav auto;

It is an organic lining, they start with a sachs clutch, and beef up the disc and pressure plate for a higher load capacity. They claim this clutch will hold 40 percent more power than a stock clutch. But they don't list how much more of an actual clamp load that is. It is intended for street use, and it does use the stock flywheel. It requires no modification to the stock flywheel. Sachs does offer a race clutch for the E34 M5, but not the E39. Both clutches are 240mm, so this may be the clutch you have heard about that requires modifying the flywheel. Like I mentioned, Sachs also offers a "sport" clutch for the E39 M5. This is not a stock clutch. The Sachs clutch has a 18-20 percent higher clamp load, which should be fine for a relatively stock car driven aggressively. The Sachs sport clutch is $1259.85 for the disc, pressure plate, and release bearing. The G-Power delivery timeframe is a bit off from what I mentioned earlier. They actually do these clutches to order apparently. So it takes them 2 weeks to "build" one and have it ready for shipment. So the original 4-6 week by special order is probably more accurate. The Sachs piece would likely be available with a 7-10 day timeframe. Off the record, I wouldn't be surprised if the two pieces are indeed exactly the same, but G-Power obviously will not divulge that information.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
claim this clutch will hold 40 percent more power than a stock clutch.
The power a clutch/pressure plate combo will "hold" has little correlation usefulness of it in the car. The main issue with the M5 clutch is thermal capacity as has been thoroughly discussed and analyzed on the board -- do a search and also study what the real problem is.

·
10,455 Posts
marcvip said:
more from Bav auto;
Off the record, I wouldn't be surprised if the two pieces are indeed exactly the same, but G-Power obviously will not divulge that information
Not off the record anymore! :confused3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts