1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
And BMW could learn a thing or two from the supplier about customer service, which is better than even Lexus standards. kinggf

·
Registered
69 Posts
Your link just gives me a not authorized message, and at the home site there is something requiring a login. Am I missing something ? (specifically here I mean, versus a more general evaluation ;) )

·
Registered
205 Posts
LBPDNNM5 said:
Your link just gives me a not authorized message, and at the home site there is something requiring a login. Am I missing something ? (specifically here I mean, versus a more general evaluation ;) )
Here is the link to TEC Accessories. No doubt their cupholder is an improvement over the stock BMW ones!

But the Ultimate Cupholders are my favorite. They seem more practical than the TEC product. They're also less than one-third the price of the TEC cupholder. $89 seems a lot for a cupholder! What do you think?

Mike

·
Registered
69 Posts
This looks like the best solution to me, I'll give one a try, small risk...

Ridgeback_Pilot said:
Here is the link to TEC Accessories. No doubt their cupholder is an improvement over the stock BMW ones!

But the Ultimate Cupholders are my favorite. They seem more practical than the TEC product. They're also less than one-third the price of the TEC cupholder. $89 seems a lot for a cupholder! What do you think?

Mike

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Guys,
I realized that it is not possible to view the "official" BMW bulletin which tells BMW employees that this specific cupholder is an official product sold through BMW !
I know GUSTAV is going to lose his mind, when I write this BUT....... someone actually wrote me, asking if a could arrange a group buy (as a liaison) and setup a GB for the members of this site. Bombs away......
:D

·
Registered
564 Posts
FAST 5 said:
I know GUSTAV is going to lose his mind, when I write this BUT....... someone actually wrote me, asking if a could arrange a group buy (as a liaison) and setup a GB for the members of this site. Bombs away......
:D
Assuming you are referring to the TEC cupholder, then I would definitely be interested in a group buy. I like the elegant design in that it stows out of sight when not in use. Perhaps one of their travel cups could be included in the GB?

·
Registered
205 Posts
M Macht said:
Assuming you are referring to the TEC cupholder, then I would definitely be interested in a group buy. I like the elegant design in that it stows out of sight when not in use. Perhaps one of their travel cups could be included in the GB?
I'd be interested in a group buy, too. A 50-75 percent discount ought to bring the price down to approximately what a cupholder is worth! :1:

Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ridgeback_Pilot said:
I'd be interested in a group buy, too. A 50-75 percent discount ought to bring the price down to approximately what a cupholder is worth! :1:

I have one and love it!

It is worth it!

I also have the ultimates and don't use them.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ridgeback_Pilot said:

Mike
i spill my drink using the crappy cup holder in my E39 in the first week of ownership.so i purchased a pair of the "Ultimate Cupholders" right the way. really good design, superb craftmanship. holds about anything rigidly.....except for the supersize drink from McDonald's :hihi:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hummm, I guess I'll have to find another place to put my wallet. And I'll have to keep the armrest back too. Ah heck, I don't ever drink in my car anyway. It is a nice looking unit though.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have an Ultimate for the M5, it works very well for me and can accommodate almost any size drinking implement.

Has a couple of disadvantages: It's a long reach, so shorter or short-armed drivers aren't going to like it much. It doesn't move with the seat, so if you have drivers of very variable size it'll get snagged by the seat sooner or later (I've occasionally thought about trying to come up with a bracket to hang it off the front of the seat instead of the console.) And it's in the way if you take your car to the carwash, it'll get knocked askew and maybe bent when the guy pulls the mats out.

If a group buy shapes up I might be interested in a Tec for my 5' 1" wife and her 540.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Need4Spd said:
And BMW could learn a thing or two from the supplier about customer service, which is better than even Lexus standards. kinggf
Amen, TEC customer service is 2nd to none. A lot of outfits could learn from them.

:cheers:

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Re: Here's the information, I tried to post earlier.......

Put me down. The magic number is up there.. 60.55. What will a group buy price be?

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Re: Here's the information, I tried to post earlier.......

First of all:

1. To do more than one Group Buy you have to be a sponsor. Fast 5 have already excecuted several group buys of one was Dinan Differentials of value in ecess of $90 000. The rules are that you can do one group buy , but you cannot do a second without being a Sponsor. That goes for Fast 5 as well.

2. I have received warnings that this thread contains "Proprietary content in message post" by one of the companmies involved and I could be in legal trouble by either or several of these companies. Because of that, the information is now deleted.

Because of the above mentioned reasons, I am now closing this thread.

Please mail questions to [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.