BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....I'm having Race Precision (board sponsor) change my clutch, and after taking the transmission down, they found out that I need flywheel also....

As you all know.....list price is arround $970, so I shop around for flywheel in a panic and found out these prices.
I hope this will help others in their search for flywheel.

Dialaclutch.com.....~$550 shipped (not in stock. 4 - 6 weeks delivery)
Autozone.............$534 (Warehouse do not have in stock)
BMA Parts............$ 575 (shipped to CA)
Pepboys..............$ 650 (special order)

They are all made by LUK.

And Eloy from RPi tried to call the BMW stealership and they don't have one in stock.

I guess, if you are in need of a LUK or BMW flywheel not too many store has them in stock at the moment. Eloy found a supplier that can overnight a flywheel for $1099, other than that we did not have any luck finding a vendor that carries them in stock.

So....be prepared if you need to get your transmission done. Make sure you have the flywheel before going to the shop. Unless you're going with after market of course....

Take care guys....

·
Registered
148 Posts
I ran into the same supply problem about a month ago when I was needing one. I wound up ordering mine from bmaparts.com (who you listed) for about $600 including expedited shipping, as they were the only ones that had some in stock.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran into the same supply problem about a month ago when I was needing one. I wound up ordering mine from bmaparts.com (who you listed) for about $600 including expedited shipping, as they were the only ones that had some in stock.
Yup....they're the only one who has it in stock.
I ended up buying from them.

I would highly recommend them for parts. Not only for BMW, I bought parts for Mercedes, VW, and Honda from them.

Great guys to deal with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts