BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep on hearing that the RS6 will have lke 550 hp and the V-10 will come straight out of the Murcielago!

If that is true - it should be able to even beat the M5! (Please also reply to my other thread on "How Is It Possible?" - where I deal with kind of the same issue! :M5rev:

·
Registered
646 Posts
V10 Audi RS6

Audi has made little effort to hide its upcoming BMW M5 fighter, the RS6. We caught it testing at the Nürbur-gring, which means Audi will likely pull the wraps off soon. Right now we know the RS6 will sport similar RS styling cues as seen on the RS4. Like the M5, the RS6 uses a V10 engine displacing about 5.5 liters and producing 550 horsepower.

The tamer S6 will also receive a V10, around 5.2 liters and 440 horsepower. We expect Audi to offer both six-speed automatic and seven-speed direct-shift gearboxes.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
bernhtp said:
The extra weight and drivetrain power loss inherent in AWD will likely more than eliminate its power advantage.

Tom
But the AWD should be a distinct advantage to launch the car

·
Registered
369 Posts
twinturbovenom said:
I keep on hearing that the RS6 will have lke 550 hp and the V-10 will come straight out of the Murcielago!

If that is true - it should be able to even beat the M5! (Please also reply to my other thread on "How Is It Possible?" - where I deal with kind of the same issue! :M5rev:
no, it WILL NOT beat the m5 because...

1st: the rs6 will have 4wd, which means at least 150lbs more weight and 5% power loss

2nd: the m5 has more than 500hp, most cars were tested around 530hp

3rd: the engine of the rs6 is mounted in front of the front axle while the m5's engine is above the front axle. because of this and the 4wd the weight distribution of the rs6 will not be close to 50/50

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.