BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the location of the fuse for the audio amplifier? No sound is coming out of the speakers. I can scan through the radio channels. The navigation is working, just no sound. All of the menu settings are working on the display. I can't find the amplifier fuse in the trunk or the glove compartment. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link and the diagram. Fuse 56 is ok on the RHS of the trunk.
I can't run Java on my PC. What's A18? Where's it located and what's wrong with it?

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
A18 is the amplifier. It's in the trunk on the left hand side. I don't know what's wrong with it. It drives the speakers so it could be an electronic part failed in it. There are others on here much more familiar with this than I am. Hopefully, they will chime in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved. I disconnected the battery terminal for a few seconds and reconnected it back. The audio is back on. It probably reset the audio control unit, where or whatever that is. One of those weird German electrical logics.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The audio problem is back. After a few hours of turning on the audio, the audio sound cuts out again. I needed to disconnect & reconnect the battery cable to reset the audio. Pulling fuses out to disconnect power to the radio didn't work.
Hummm. Maybe the control module for the audio system has problems -- where ever that is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts