BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people! when i drive very slow on 2nd gear... just putting very slightly gas, the car makes a funny sound. it sounds like when i roll slowly on a manual car on low gear b4 stalling...... do you guys hav that sound coming out when you go SLOW on 2nd gear??? thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Never tried it. I just down shift to 1st. Will give it a try and report back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx..when i shift it to frist..the sound will be gone... that sound only comes out when i am on 2nd..and rollin slowly..maybe in a parking lot..or going through bad roads..

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nope. I don't have that problem. Take your car to the dealer. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dealer will be your best freind in this situation

·
Registered
86 Posts
hi people! when i drive very slow on 2nd gear... just putting very slightly gas, the car makes a funny sound. it sounds like when i roll slowly on a manual car on low gear b4 stalling...... do you guys hav that sound coming out when you go SLOW on 2nd gear??? thanks
What is the verdict? I am getting the same thing on my M6 and I don't want to shift down to 1st gear when it's rolling...

·
Registered
118 Posts
why dont you want to shift down into first when its rolling? Its the same thing as downshifting from 4th to 3rd. Does the sound come when the car is cold? Mine kind of hesitates when the motor is cold if im shifting at about 2500 rpm's. I just thought it was normal but it left the dealer for service today and I told them to check it out and they said they couldnt replicate the sound because it wasnt cold, im guessing..

·
1,764 Posts
I don't want to shift down to 1st gear when it's rolling...
why dont you want to shift down into first when its rolling? Its the same thing as downshifting from 4th to 3rd.
Yeah, why don't you want to down shift? That's normal driving.

:confused2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts