BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things I did to my turbine wheels when I refinished them was to a) polish the lips to a mirror like finish and b) power coat the fans Ferrari red. The result is a conservative aggressive look. From the sides you can see the red in the reflection of the polished lip. From the side (photo below) you can see the red peaking through.

Sharing for those of you who are looking for a way to breath life into those "unpopular wheels". I love them.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Nice idea - do you have any more pics? Curious to see what they look like from the side...

Lantz

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't but look at the upper back and you'll see the mirror image in the lip. You literally can't see the red fan from the side but you get this red reflection (subtle) on a sunny day. I will say that keeping lips shiny is a pain.

·
10,456 Posts
looks cool. I also would like to see a pic of the whole car. Curious how subtle it is.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cool

Very good to see another E34 M5 enthusiast in Dallas. It would be good to meet up sometime.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Truth be told, that turbine set is on a 525i of which I'm the original owner of. I'll pull some other photos of it so all can see the subtle nature of the wheels. HOWEVER, I did acquire a '93 that was in distress. It's journey can be told here (link to forums). The 525i is being used as a donor for several key components that had been stolen from the '93 M5. I also had some throwing star covers I had picked up along the way which was a key component. I wish I could go out to the drive way and take picture of the 525i with the turbines but it is literally parted out and in not so good of shape.

I am in the North Dallas area and have an office in Addison. Drop me a direct message and we can certainly hook up. I'm about 6 weeks out on the '93 being drivable and finished.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts