BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my setup on my M6 is primary cats deleted and active autowerke exhaust(no secondary cats.) Car was already really loud after primary cat delete but the drone wasnt bad at all. I wanted a more aggressive sound so I decided to have the mufflers removed and pipes were welded in its place. The car now sounds like a freakin formula 1 car. Start up is nice and burly, wide open throttle has that ear shattering formula 1 sound but the thing that really sucks is the drone is unbearable now. I have to un pop my ears every couple minutes. Sounds like one tone of bass playing constantly. Im guessing nothing can be done about this right?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Lol please post a video of this. I was seriously thinking about doing the same thing. I would love to hear how it sounds! The only thing I have left is mufflers the same situation as you had.

Reactions: Kazakh015

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
+1 for a video.

I need to hear this lol

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I had all cats removed, straight through exhaust with just a section 3 RPI. Sounded quality and people on motorbike were pulling me over and saying how good it sounded.

I ended up putting 2 magnaflow mufflers in where the 2nd cats were. Doesnt sound as nice but now I wont get pulled over and a ticket.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
This sounds so bad *** and so loud at the same time. I'm in for some videos so we can hear how loud it is. I'm also Dinan straight piped and mine isn't anything like what you're describing. It's very loud when you get on it but drivable and no drone.

Dan

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys Im so bad with technology. All I have is an Iphone lol I wouldnt know how to take a video. If someone is close to San Diego and wants to take one for me we can meet up for sure. My wife is so mad after this mod lol

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Guys Im so bad with technology. All I have is an Iphone lol I wouldnt know how to take a video. If someone is close to San Diego and wants to take one for me we can meet up for sure. My wife is so mad after this mod lol
Lol just record a video and send it to me via text/iMessage if you want I can upload it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
For all those doing straight pipes + already loud Sect 3. How are you able to hear yourself think or carry on conversation in that car.
I used to have E-Race Sect 3 and it was just loud and obnoxious and drone low rpms like a mofo. Yes it sounded spectacular and it was the first car i ever had that i rolled my windows down to hear my car high revs but 2-3 hrs in that thing and i have a headache :7:

The drone gets old after a while but it was easy for me because it was not my DD. I cannot imagine driving a straight piped car everywhere.

Reactions: PRM5 and Kazakh015

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol just record a video and send it to me via text/iMessage if you want I can upload it.
OK I will try and do a few this week. PM me your #. Thanks

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Luckily this is not my daily driver, no way I could stand it if it was lol. I can still hear the engine over how loud the exhaust is but not nearly like before.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I was only able to get 2 video's. One is a start up after the car is not totally cold but maybe at 100degree's. The second is I was in 1st gear at around 4k for maybe 10seconds waiting for the road to clear and I get on it through 1st and 2nd but had to shut down early into 3rd b/c the car is just too fast for our city roads :) I will text them to SuckaGdog in a few hours. Unfort i couldnt get any good video's of the drone. It doesnt sound right on video.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Here are the videos. OP, if you get the chance a fly by video recorded from outside would be awesome! Or even a stationary rev video too.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
For all those doing straight pipes + already loud Sect 3. How are you able to hear yourself think or carry on conversation in that car.
I used to have E-Race Sect 3 and it was just loud and obnoxious and drone low rpms like a mofo. Yes it sounded spectacular and it was the first car i ever had that i rolled my windows down to hear my car high revs but 2-3 hrs in that thing and i have a headache :7:

The drone gets old after a while but it was easy for me because it was not my DD. I cannot imagine driving a straight piped car everywhere.
I had straight pipes for about 2 weeks, could not stand the drone and could not even go past 3500rpm without waking up the neighborhood 3 miles away :eek7:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Drone

My Eisenmann race is super loud. That's becuase I have the secondary cats and resonators out. I don't daily drive my car so i can't some what live it it and it doesn't come out in winter either but man when it's out everyone knows something ///mazing is coming!!!!!

Reactions: Kazakh015 and damen

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I don't know how some of you can drive this car around with straight pipes, between the obnoxious noise, the exhaust fumes, the bumper staining, getting fines, not passing emissions tests, all the attention drawn ( mostly negative) and the loss of power. My car has only a RPI sec 3 and my neighbor on the street behind my house said he can hear my car when I leave for work in the mornings when I basically idle my car when I drive out of my house.

·
Registered
657 Posts
It sounds pretty good on the video though :1:

But yes...I've heard it in person on my friend's white M5...and yep, it's overly obnoxious loud.

His comeback to that was "I save gas because I only have to keep it under 4k RPM to have enough sound"

...SMH lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts