BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Ted thank you for making such an amazing product.

I just submitted my information to be on the list.

Hope the family is doing well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Hey Ted thank you for making such an amazing product.

I just submitted my information to be on the list.

Hope the family is doing well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks, everyone is doing well!

All 500 units FINALLY arrived and so far everything is working well!

Time to get programming and testing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Where can we buy the harness that lets you use it as a speakerphone?
I emailed you the link as it is tied to your BlueBus order via your Email address. This is so I can ship everything more or less together :)

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
382 Posts
Any one who knows the part numbers for creating an extension cable from the power/iBus from the CD Changer ? Otherwise I could use the iBus and power/ground from the 54 pin also ?
Then I simply detach the connector from the CD Changer power/iBus

·
Registered
138 Posts
Check the latest e39source video on YouTube. Ryan mentions an extension cable and gives the part number. Could this be what you are looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
Nope, this is the 54 pins extension. He has also an extension cable for Sirius. This is also female as far as I can see. I need the male en female 3 pins connector

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks, everyone is doing well!

All 500 units FINALLY arrived and so far everything is working well!

Time to get programming and testing.
Wow. look at that. static bags, individually bubble wrapped. We've hit the big time boys.
It looks great Ted. I am so, looking forward to installing this.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ted, will this work with earlier (MkII I believe?) units? On-screen controls and everything? I have a April 2000 build, stock unit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Any one who knows the part numbers for creating an extension cable from the power/iBus from the CD Changer ? Otherwise I could use the iBus and power/ground from the 54 pin also ?
Then I simply detach the connector from the CD Changer power/iBus
3 pin male: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/1-1718346-1?qs=o0QgIGsjnK/Q%2Bp/iRSlrow==
3 pin female: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/1-968700-1?qs=HSGlLeu24BPURVIWzReKew==
3 pin female terminals: (3x): https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/1355719-1/A142494CT-ND/9925492
3 pin male terminals (3x): https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/1355717-1-Cut-Strip?qs=sGAEpiMZZMti11uKQaALGSHG5Nz2znpNr4J2uumbelA=

The downside is that it's really hard to properly crimp the terminal onto wires without the OE tool (which I own. It's $130 USD). I'd be willing to sell these in a limited quantity -- here's one I have already made up:

Wow. look at that. static bags, individually bubble wrapped. We've hit the big time boys.
It looks great Ted. I am so, looking forward to installing this.
Technically, they bubble wrapped them four at a time, but still, it's quality packing job! I'm sad I have to open every static bag to program these puppies.

Ted, will this work with earlier (MkII I believe?) units? On-screen controls and everything? I have a April 2000 build, stock unit.
Yes sir, it'll work with anything you throw at it from the time period, with these exceptions:
  • The "IRIS" (E38?)
  • The Rear MID (E38)
  • The Rear Monitor (E38)
Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think I'm confused - I have a 2003 with 6-pin connector and 3-pin power from the CD changer. How would I change the 6-pin to coaxial? I don't think I had the coaxial connected to CD changer, since I installed a grom years ago, and don't recall a coax. Should I still purchase a coax (from your link, or grom), then where is the DSP amp to connect it to (I'm clueless in this respect).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
I think I'm confused - I have a 2003 with 6-pin connector and 3-pin power from the CD changer. How would I change the 6-pin to coaxial? I don't think I had the coaxial connected to CD changer, since I installed a grom years ago, and don't recall a coax. Should I still purchase a coax (from your link, or grom), then where is the DSP amp to connect it to (I'm clueless in this respect).
Jason,

First off, the coax is totally optional, but it is highly recommended. The coaxial runs from the only open port on the top rear of the DSP directly into the BlueBus. The BlueBus then takes care of telling the DSP to switch from the 6-pin input to the coaxial input when CD Changer mode is engaged.

Another thing: The OE cable seems to be NLA now that a bunch of people purchased one. This is a suitable replacement which is 6" longer than the GROM version, and thus more versatile: Invalid Request

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
So, the first ten units are out the door as a complete set. I only had ten cases on hand (this is what I ordered from my "new" case manufacturer as a sample batch), so I sent those units out to those who have been waiting more than a year for a BlueBus (well, no one had paid prior to late November of 2019, so I don't feel as awful)!

If you're one of these folks, you will have gotten an email from me with the tracking information.

Anyways, here's some images.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Haha, I should be able to get another 150 - 200 units out the door this weekend. The real issue is none of those will be in a case, so if you've opted to wait for the case OR you're not in the U.S., then you won't be in that batch.

I have 80 "lower" halves of the case that aren't to the proper spec, but I might send those along so people have somewhere to place the PCB, other than just floating around in the anti-static bag.

The rest of the cases won't arrive until next month, so stay tuned!

Thanks,
-Ted

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did you give out a link to the STL files for the case? maybe you could upload to GIT?

161 - 180 of 214 Posts