BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Hi Ted,

I'm new to the forum, and ust got a 2002 e39 M5. This is a fantastic project you have undertaken here and I can't wait to get my unit, I've filled out the info sheet on the website.

I only wish I had got my order in a month ago! Looking forward to the next production run.

Jeremy
Thank you! I've updated the website with some more info -- expect to place your order in late March and have it shipped in May.

Yes, I just ran across this and added myself to the wait list. Amazing! Thank you Ted!
Thanks!

Wow..... I was online looking for a clutch for my beast,... getting ready to sell because I don't use the care mainly because of the music, hands free issues. No wanting to tear the electronics apart, I was reluctantly getting her ready to sell...... Now that I've seen this,... hummmm I think I'll refresh the clutch and Rear main seal ( 2000 with 105K miles - stock). I will be on the next run. Thank you for doing this. I'm floored that I have a path to keeping this car.

BTW, God's speed and patience with the twins.
Glad to hear! This era of BMW is so perfect -- they just need a little touch of modern comfort, without all the nannies BMW ships these days.

Our Twins came on the 7th of January, about six weeks early, so they're still in the NICU but they're doing extremely well :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
So, I got hit with bad news today -- The Fab house apparently has the PCBs themselves made in Taiwan (news to me), and Chinese New Years is coming up, so I got hit with a 14 day delay:

I spoke with my Account Manager at MacroFab and he said I was pretty much SOL. I'm not sure why they didn't initially account for this -- I'm pretty peeved 👎.

In any case, I can definitely issue refunds to whomever doesn't want to wait -- just email me at [email protected]. There's unfortunately nothing that can be done about this.

-Ted

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Lets hope that PCB production starts tomorrow as promised :)

But still no rush from myside...
Looks like there are 41 orders ahead of me in the queue, and they go through about 20 per day. The part that stinks is it still says they are "awaiting materials" for my order, so I don't think they've gotten the PCBs.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hi Ted.

Did you already rumbled around with the option for folding mirrors ?

·
Registered
378 Posts
But I think these options are not the most important ones, as they can be coded afterwards.
Correct, but if he is just waiting around for our orders to be processed I thought to give him just a challenge so that he is not bored 😁

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Hi Ted.

Did you already rumbled around with the option for folding mirrors ?
Correct, but if he is just waiting around for our orders to be processed I thought to give him just a challenge so that he is not bored 😁
I've been plenty busy with features, that's for sure! Here's a list:

• The BlueBus is now capable of detecting its own UI, so I don't have to set it as an option before shipping out the units, and you guys can move it from car to car without having to touch settings.
  • I have broken out the settings menu into sub-menus that make more sense.
  • I have been perfecting comfort lock / unlock.
  • I have added an option to force the DSP to use the digital input when in CD Change mode, which equates to higher fidelity audio for those of you that have the Top HiFi Amplifier (DSP). You MUST have the coaxial cable (available from GROM or DigiKey) to use this feature, otherwise you're going to end up listening to silence.
  • I have been working on displaying Outdoor and Coolant Temperatures in the Navigation header area (near where the connected phone name is displayed)
  • I now emulate the Telephone Status messages and I drive the Telephone status LEDs on the Navigation monitor
  • A screen is now displayed when a call is placed / made with the option to drop / answer the call right from the Nav.
  • The Telephone menu is now available under the main Nav menu, but its sub-menus have not been implemented.
Also Journal and Cold Engine Rev warning. Like in Intravee.
But I think these options are not the most important ones, as they can be coded afterwards.
These will come with time, but they are further down the list than other comfort features.

no problem still looking forward to my bluebus.
Thank you!

-Ted

·
Registered
473 Posts
Two things: first, what is comfort lock? That's a feature I've not run across.

Second - any news on a ship date? I'm anxious to get this thing in my car before decent driving weather arrives!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Two things: first, what is comfort lock? That's a feature I've not run across.

Second - any news on a ship date? I'm anxious to get this thing in my car before decent driving weather arrives!
Comfort locks have been broken down into two settings:
Automatically Lock the Vehicle: No / At 10 km/h / At 20 km/h
Automatically Unlock the Vehicle: No / When the engine is shut off / when the entire car is shut off

The assembly house in Houston has everything they need as of Thursday, so I'm just waiting on them. Their system reports 20 orders ahead of mine, so I suspect my order will be run sometime this coming week. That will put orders shipping between the end of this month and likely through the middle of March.

Full disclosure: My boys are coming home from the NICU this week (yay!!), and we lost my mother in law last weekend, so life is busier than usual right now. You should all expect an email with a tracking number once your order is shipped.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks for the info and the update. I hadn't heard the term "comfort lock" before. My car locks itself around 15 or 20mph, but doesn't unlock on its own, so that might be cool to try out.

Take care of your family! We'll look forward to getting these whenever they start shipping.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Thanks for the info and the update. I hadn't heard the term "comfort lock" before. My car locks itself around 15 or 20mph, but doesn't unlock on its own, so that might be cool to try out.

Take care of your family! We'll look forward to getting these whenever they start shipping.
I'm not sure it's actually called comfort lock anywhere, but it worked well with the other "comfort" settings I've come up with :)

Thanks for the support!
-Ted

·
Registered
196 Posts
2000 E39 M5. . . what do I actually need of the stock equipment to be functioning? My nav is kaput and my radio has the old "shuts off after a few minutes" sickness, on my 3rd set of used components from eBay. Still all stock Mk II, 4:3. What do I need to have BlueBus work for me?

Thanks for all your work on this!!!

Tom Lesko
Hingham, MA

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
2000 E39 M5. . . what do I actually need of the stock equipment to be functioning? My nav is kaput and my radio has the old "shuts off after a few minutes" sickness, on my 3rd set of used components from eBay. Still all stock Mk II, 4:3. What do I need to have BlueBus work for me?

Thanks for all your work on this!!!

Tom Lesko
Hingham, MA
Tom,

Well, you definitely need a working Nav to be able to use the UI! Now, if it just doesn't read discs, that's fine, but if it's just not outputting a UI to the monitor, that won't work.

If the radio goes off after a bit, it might also be killing the DSP (the DSP only powers on if the Radio is outputting the Antenna power line), so that would be a problem too.

I recommend getting a new C43 Radio and an MKIII/MKIV Nav, rather than the MKII (you will need a trimble adapter or whatnot, but it's worth the upgrade!). I have a spare C43 and MKIII in fully working order, so shoot me a PM if you're interested.

-Ted

121 - 138 of 138 Posts