BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Awesome, thanks for the detailed response! Placed myself on the waiting/notification list.
Perfect, thanks for your support! :)

For those of you on the wait list: I had to call it at 500 orders. I was going to keep having to buy parts and wait for them to ship from China before going to manufacture, which was going to cause on-going problems.

Anyways, we are expecting twin boys (on top of our three year old daughter) in late February, so I don't expect to be sane enough to do this again until at least mid-April.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
No rush here. Family comes first so take care of business at home. Just understand that the success of this product could help out the family income.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Awesome, thanks!
What you asked for is totally do-able, and for the betterment of future Google'rs who might stumble on this, these are the IBus commands to flip the screen on and off:
Code:
3B 04 F0 4F 00 80
3B 04 F0 4F 10 90
That's a bitmask, and you can also set different things like the aspect ratio of the screen, the refresh rate, NTSC vs PAL, etc.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
What you asked for is totally do-able, and for the betterment of future Google'rs who might stumble on this, these are the IBus commands to flip the screen on and off:
Code:
3B 04 F0 4F 00 80
3B 04 F0 4F 10 90
That's a bitmask, and you can also set different things like the aspect ratio of the screen, the refresh rate, NTSC vs PAL, etc.
Hell yeah! Do you know if the screen would come on for a second before turning off, or would it stay off during the whole startup process?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Hell yeah! Do you know if the screen would come on for a second before turning off, or would it stay off during the whole startup process?
It would probably have to wait until the engine is started to turn it of. Otherwise, the Nav would turn the monitor on again, most likely.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Heard about this via E39 Source. I see/read you're taking a hiatus, please keep us informed. Merry new year and congrats on growing family. I can wait until April.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi there,
I got on the waiting list a few days ago - been wanting a great solution like this since I got my M5 over 6 years ago!

If anyone has ordered multiple of these, please let me know! I'll pay a premium to acquire one sooner rather than later.

Happy Holidays!!!!

Tim S.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
One of the preorders is me, and it's going in the e39. Can't wait!
Thanks for the support, Ian! :D

Heard about this via E39 Source. I see/read you're taking a hiatus, please keep us informed. Merry new year and congrats on growing family. I can wait until April.
I will definitely email everyone on the waiting list once I'm ready to go through the process again :)

Hi there,
I got on the waiting list a few days ago - been wanting a great solution like this since I got my M5 over 6 years ago!

If anyone has ordered multiple of these, please let me know! I'll pay a premium to acquire one sooner rather than later.

Happy Holidays!!!!

Tim S.
Only a few folks ordered multiples. Once I get the prototypes shuffled around, I may convert those to production units and therefore "make" a few extra.

I'll keep everyone apprised.

Merry Christmas / Happy Hanukkah, all!

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
138 Posts
Great work - Much appreciated!!! Long overdue for someone to tackle this project...are you an electrician or some sort of engineering wizard? :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Great work - Much appreciated!!! Long overdue for someone to tackle this project...are you an electrician or some sort of engineering wizard? :)
Thank you! I am a software developer by trade. Electrical engineering is just a side passion of mine :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys!

I'd like to share a project I have been working on for almost a year -- it's a Bluetooth adapter for our cars that integrates as if it were factory equipment, much like the "Intravee". The adapter, known as the BlueBus, also integrates with other vehicles from the E39 era which were equipped with the IBus.

The only thing to note here as that I'm still working on MID integration.

Here's a video explaining the BlueBus:

You will also find more information about the project on the website listed below.

Anyways, I'm getting close to having them manufactured, so if there's any interest for it here, I have a "pre-order" form on the project website: BlueBus

I will not be taking money from anyone until I am ready to send off to manufacture, so keep that in mind, please.

Additionally, if you're capable, the project is fully open source, so you can have the boards built and source all of the components yourself, if you wanted :).

P.S. The main thread where I have been talking about the development of this module is over on M3F: Interest in a fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution? - BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)

Thanks!
-Ted
Hi Ted,

I am new to the forum and just received delivery of my 2002 E39 M5 last night. After a day of cruising and listening to the car/engine itself, I'd appreciate a modern entertainment/connectivity system with an OEM-like experience. The demo you posted was good and very informative. I'm interested in learning more about how I can have this in my M5.

I navigated to the link you provided and was notified that you're no longer receiving pre-orders. Is it still a possibility that I can order these?

Best,
Riley

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Hi Ted,

I am new to the forum and just received delivery of my 2002 E39 M5 last night. After a day of cruising and listening to the car/engine itself, I'd appreciate a modern entertainment/connectivity system with an OEM-like experience. The demo you posted was good and very informative. I'm interested in learning more about how I can have this in my M5.

I navigated to the link you provided and was notified that you're no longer receiving pre-orders. Is it still a possibility that I can order these?

Best,
Riley
Riley,

Congrats on the new-to-you M5! Thanks for interest in the BlueBus, as well!

Unfortunately, I've allotted all units at this point. I do expect to make another production run sometime around April, which would ship in May of 2020. If you're interested, go ahead and fill out the form on the website and I will reach out when I'm ready to take your order.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ted,

I'm new to the forum, and ust got a 2002 e39 M5. This is a fantastic project you have undertaken here and I can't wait to get my unit, I've filled out the info sheet on the website.

I only wish I had got my order in a month ago! Looking forward to the next production run.

Jeremy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow..... I was online looking for a clutch for my beast,... getting ready to sell because I don't use the care mainly because of the music, hands free issues. No wanting to tear the electronics apart, I was reluctantly getting her ready to sell...... Now that I've seen this,... hummmm I think I'll refresh the clutch and Rear main seal ( 2000 with 105K miles - stock). I will be on the next run. Thank you for doing this. I'm floored that I have a path to keeping this car.

BTW, God's speed and patience with the twins.

101 - 120 of 139 Posts