BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

801 - 808 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just checked ECS and they are projecting October availability -- is this accurate or can we still get a unit in July through you directly?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #803 ·
Ted, it´s to prevent your own exhaust fumes from entering the passenger compartment when reversing.
Given the amount of work required to possibly implement this compared to the value add, I think it's a bit of a non-starter. As @mailman brought up, how long are reversing for that exhaust gases would enter the cabin? Plus, I don't believe it's possible to know gear position on manual trans cars. At least, I haven't been able to decipher it on my 6MT E46 M3.

Just checked ECS and they are projecting October availability -- is this accurate or can we still get a unit in July through you directly?
Curious as well, originally saw a July date on ECS but it was pushed back to October.
So, ECS pre-sold the 100 allocations they are getting this month. I haven't gotten the date at which they pre-sold the 100th unit, but as of 2021-05-04, they had only pre-sold 50 of the 100 units. I assume the rest were sold by the third week of May or so, but I will post an update with the exact date.

Anyways, if you ordered before mid-May, there's a really good chance you're still on target to get in the next few weeks.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #804 ·
Just FYI, I heard back that the 100th order was placed May 21st at 2358 EDT. Any order placed after that will be delivered in September.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well that sucks. Was wondering why my May 25th order ship date jumped from July 1st to October 1st.

Thanks for the information though!
ECS does this to a wide range of products they sell, push the ship date without any direct reason why. I cancelled my order for a fan clutch a while ago after waiting 3 months (+ 2 weeks on top of each latest ship date)... I can imagine now with the supply chain constraints it isn't much better..

My DICE Mediabridge/Soundplicity mmodules stopped outputting audio.. I gotta have this bluebus now :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #808 ·
ECS does this to a wide range of products they sell, push the ship date without any direct reason why. I cancelled my order for a fan clutch a while ago after waiting 3 months (+ 2 weeks on top of each latest ship date)... I can imagine now with the supply chain constraints it isn't much better..

My DICE Mediabridge/Soundplicity mmodules stopped outputting audio.. I gotta have this bluebus now :D
In this case, the date was pushed back by the fact that I updated their system with expected ship dates based on my own production schedule. They sold the 100 units that they had for the July run, so now we're looking at late September.

Thanks!
-Ted

801 - 808 of 808 Posts