BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

781 - 800 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #781 ·
Hey guys,

Looks like I have finally found the Bluetooth module I'm looking for for my e53. I have tried to purchase it from ecs but unfortunately it is not available until June 28th?
I saw in one of the posts the microprocessor is not available which delays the production. Is there any other way to purchase the module?

Please let me know,

Cheers,

Ozzie - x5 01 4.4
I've seen exactly two exchange hands in the little more than a year that I've been shipping these. Beyond ordering directly through me or through ECS, there are no other options. The entire project is run by me, so I have to keep volume relatively low so I don't drown myself.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Ted,

Thanks for your quick response. So, at this point there is no availability to purchase from you directly? Production is on hold because of microprocessor unavailability? And closest possible date to purchase is around the end of June?

Cheers,

Ozzie - x5 01 4.4

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #783 ·
Hey Ted,

Thanks for your quick response. So, at this point there is no availability to purchase from you directly? Production is on hold because of microprocessor unavailability? And closest possible date to purchase is around the end of June?

Cheers,

Ozzie - x5 01 4.4
Howdy,

Nope, I'm all out of allocations for now, but ECS has some availability for June still. Production is moving forward (all parts have been sourced and are at the assembly facility), but these can't be baked overnight -- typical lead times are about 2 months for the PCB assembly facility. Thankfully, they're assembled in Texas so shipping is extremely quick and there's no Customs hassle.

-Ted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Ted,

still loving my bluebus in my X3,

however I am having one issue around volume switching between BT music and Calling,

scenario, when listening to music I have to turn it up reasonably loud before making a call as the volume drops considerably when I make the call, and then when I end the call and go back to music the volume is pretty low

this might be something to do with my random Japanese hacked conversion to euro standard, but it’s a little annoying, if I don’t have my music loud enough when a call comes in

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #785 ·
Hey Ted,

still loving my bluebus in my X3,

however I am having one issue around volume switching between BT music and Calling,

scenario, when listening to music I have to turn it up reasonably loud before making a call as the volume drops considerably when I make the call, and then when I end the call and go back to music the volume is pretty low

this might be something to do with my random Japanese hacked conversion to euro standard, but it’s a little annoying, if I don’t have my music loud enough when a call comes in
Are you on the newest firmware? I recall your car being a Nav car, so you shouldn't have this issue.

My E46 Touring without Nav is annoying because there's not a simple way to control the volume over the I-Bus, so you have to manually DJ the volume transitions. I'm thinking about how to solve this with MFL volume commands for you guys that have the same issue, but then there are cars like my E46 M3 which have zero steering controls, so then I get into the territory of emulating modules, which is never fun.

-Ted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Ted

yea it’s a nav mk iv on a board monitor

last update I did was the beta version of 1.17? I think, that helped fix something

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #787 ·
Thanks Ted

yea it’s a nav mk iv on a board monitor

last update I did was the beta version of 1.17? I think, that helped fix something
Try this process: tedsalmon/BlueBus

Then run: "restore"

After that, pair your phone again and make a call. Raise the volume as required, and it should now remember that volume level moving forward.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Ted,
I hope I can ask a question here for my E46. Unfortunately I dont have a cd changer and no prepared cables either. Is it possible to connect the bluebus to my Business CD Radio directly ?
Right now I have a similar solution wich connects to the Radio like that and works in similar way (Steering wheel Controls work with it).

I'm really looking forward to an answer ! Really cool Product !!

Regards

Tom

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #789 ·
Hi Ted,
I hope I can ask a question here for my E46. Unfortunately I dont have a cd changer and no prepared cables either. Is it possible to connect the bluebus to my Business CD Radio directly ?
Right now I have a similar solution wich connects to the Radio like that and works in similar way (Steering wheel Controls work with it).

I'm really looking forward to an answer ! Really cool Product !!

Regards

Tom
Tom,

I don't sell a harness for this, but there's a company out there that does: BMW CD Wechsler Nachrüstkabelbäume

You would want to get the "OG" one for your Business CD radio.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've scoured the thread and the internet but haven't found a clear answer to my question. Will the "Menu" button options all remain and be the same? So I can watch my fuel economy, use equalizer settings, use the "Set" menu etc?

I assume yes (and pre-ordered through ECS) but wanted to get a clear answer, if possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #792 ·
I've scoured the thread and the internet but haven't found a clear answer to my question. Will the "Menu" button options all remain and be the same? So I can watch my fuel economy, use equalizer settings, use the "Set" menu etc?

I assume yes (and pre-ordered through ECS) but wanted to get a clear answer, if possible.

Thanks!
Yes, the BlueBus doesn't alter any of the OE functionality.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try this process: tedsalmon/BlueBus

Then run: "restore"

After that, pair your phone again and make a call. Raise the volume as required, and it should now remember that volume level moving forward.

Thanks!
-Ted
Hi Ted

gave that a try, but I don’t seem to be able to change the volume when on a phone call,

neither the steering wheel controls or the dial have any affect,

I did spot a couple of error messages pop up in my putty terminal but I didn’t have it logging, I’ll turn on the log and see if I can get it to repeat them

·
Registered
121 Posts
Does anyone else's instrument cluster beep 3 times on the 59th minute of every hour? Mine has done that ever since installing Bluebus. Not complaining, in fact I kind of like it. Just wondering if I'm the only one. Thanks

(I searched but didn't find anything, sorry if this has been asked before)

·
Registered
225 Posts
It sounds like the ‘memo’ function on the OBC has been ticked. In-check it and the beeps will stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, so playing around with the system today, I have found the issue of call volume only occurs when playing music in Bluetooth mode, everything works normally if I’m in Radio or Aux, or normal CD mode, ie activate voice command, place call through Siri, screen stays on call mode, can adjust volume up and down as required, end call and music keeps playing at its original volume,

often when in BT mode the call screen will flick back to the dashboard

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ted: are you thinking about integrating other features like switching to recirculating cabin air when the tranny is shifted into reverse? Or any of the other features that Intravee offers?

Also, I really need a backup camera. What option would you recommend if I were to purchase BlueBUS?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #798 ·
Ok, so playing around with the system today, I have found the issue of call volume only occurs when playing music in Bluetooth mode, everything works normally if I’m in Radio or Aux, or normal CD mode, ie activate voice command, place call through Siri, screen stays on call mode, can adjust volume up and down as required, end call and music keeps playing at its original volume,

often when in BT mode the call screen will flick back to the dashboard
Can I get a log of you trying to change the volume while in Bluetooth mode? tedsalmon/BlueBus

Ted: are you thinking about integrating other features like switching to recirculating cabin air when the tranny is shifted into reverse? Or any of the other features that Intravee offers?

Also, I really need a backup camera. What option would you recommend if I were to purchase BlueBUS?
are you thinking about integrating other features like switching to recirculating cabin air when the tranny is shifted into reverse?
What purpose does this serve? :eek:. I don't think it's something I can do with the BlueBus as finite control of the IHKA is going to be difficult as all I have are diagnostic commands to work with.

Or any of the other features that Intravee offers?
Yeah, some of these are still planned. I've honestly just had too much on my plate lately to dive into the software :(

I can't recommend anything specifically, but I know that you can retrofit a video module and hook a reverse camera up to that and it'll all work as if it were OE.

-Ted

·
Registered
10 Posts
What purpose does this serve? :eek:. I don't think it's something I can do with the BlueBus as finite control of the IHKA is going to be difficult as all I have are diagnostic commands to work with.

Ted, it´s to prevent your own exhaust fumes from entering the passenger compartment when reversing.

@nyc951, easy task if you have a video module. The on-board monitor will switch to the rear view camera as soon as reverse gear is in or, if you have a facelift, when you press the PDC button.

The most important feature is still Angel Eyes as daytime running lights/ as soon as the ignition is on.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ted, it´s to prevent your own exhaust fumes from entering the passenger compartment when reversing.
How long you are usually reversing then that this would be an issue? :oops:

22.66US $ 19% OFF|Vehicle HD AHD 1080P Fisheye Lens Car Reverse Backup Trunk Handle Camera For BMW 3 Series 5 Series X5 X6 E46 E39 E60 E70 E82 E90|Vehicle Camera| - AliExpress[/URL]
Biggest pita is to pull the cables from the camera to trunk itself via that rubber thingy between trunk and body.

781 - 800 of 808 Posts