BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Any further updates about release dates?
Hello!

I posted this to M3Forum yesterday as an update:

Sorry for the lack of updates -- life has been super busy lately! In terms of the BlueBus, I am currently working on getting a prototype laid out for the newest revision which adds the following features:

1. Full emulation of the factory TCU from a hardware standpoint
2. A standard 3.5mm audio jack to use with a standard microphone (such as the GROM's).
3. Built-in circuitry to power the OE mic, to do away with the requirement for the "Microphone Adapter".

I expect to have this done by next week.

I'm also working to source Clear Voice Capture licenses for the BC127 Bluetooth module, which is proving harder than I anticipated. My options are an 8 week lead time to have Sierra Wireless build the modules with the license built in, or wading through the murky waters to get the license directly from Qualcomm, which is what I'm currently working on.

Additionally, I'm packing up to move the family from Las Vegas, NV to Southern Ohio in a couple weeks, so that has thrown a wrench in my time-frames. I'm hoping to be ready to take money mid-June and then send the boards off for manufacture. If I don't have to wait for Sierra Wireless to build the modules, then it should be a three week turn around, otherwise I will have to incentivize prospective users to let me old onto their money for 11 weeks or so, then take the money I make there to have more units made.

The 8 week lead time also poses a problem in that I need to pre-pay for the modules, which will be around $7,000 worth.

I'll send an email out to all prospective customers once I have a solid plan for manufacture, which should be in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
200 Posts
Subscribed and pre-ordered. I'm not a tech guy but it sounds like this is set up for easy install, and will eliminate substantially the only "sigh" from my occasional M5 drive. If only I could get the same functionality for my Audi R8...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Subscribed and pre-ordered. I'm not a tech guy but it sounds like this is set up for easy install, and will eliminate substantially the only "sigh" from my occasional M5 drive. If only I could get the same functionality for my Audi R8...
Thanks! The Install should be pretty simple. If you're wanting to add the TCU functionality (hands-free calls regardless of Radio mode), then you'll need to fiddle with a "pick" and some wires to get them de-pinned and moved over to the connector I'll provide. It shouldn't be too hard at all.

Sadly for you, I'm not at all into Audi's :devil

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Thanks for your efforts on this! Preordered.

same same
Thanks guys!

Small update for all: My family and I just moved across the country and we're still waiting on our belongings. I'm still working on the new board revision, but I probably won't have that done until the end of next week, since I don't have a spot to work on it for now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks guys!

Small update for all: My family and I just moved across the country and we're still waiting on our belongings. I'm still working on the new board revision, but I probably won't have that done until the end of next week, since I don't have a spot to work on it for now.
Subscribed and pre-ordered!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Will this still work if my navigation screen isn’t working?

I have that issue where my navigation is corrupted so the screen stays blank, because the battery died, but I can still control the radio by blindly scrolling through channels.

All I need is to stream Spotify through my phone which I can control through my phone. Hopefully it works, thanks for all your effort.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Subscribed and pre-ordered!
Thanks!

Will this still work if my navigation screen isn’t working?

I have that issue where my navigation is corrupted so the screen stays blank, because the battery died, but I can still control the radio by blindly scrolling through channels.

All I need is to stream Spotify through my phone which I can control through my phone. Hopefully it works, thanks for all your effort.
Sorry for the late reply! Yes it would work, but it'd be really hard to use it without the MKIV in working order as you will not be able to enable pairing.

I can make it work for you by allowing you to initiate pairing via the command line interface, but that would be a PITA for you.

However, wouldn't a GROM BT3 make more sense for you? The big value add for my unit is the OE integration which you will not be able to take advantage of :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply! Yes it would work, but it'd be really hard to use it without the MKIV in working order as you will not be able to enable pairing.

I can make it work for you by allowing you to initiate pairing via the command line interface, but that would be a PITA for you.

However, wouldn't a GROM BT3 make more sense for you? The big value add for my unit is the OE integration which you will not be able to take advantage of :(
I decided to just purchase an MK4 Unit from eBay since my MK3 is broken. So I will go ahead and buy your solution, as I am trying to keep the OEM look. Looks like it is close to release, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Hey guys,

Just a quick FYI that I sent out emails yesterday to take orders and get this thing made :)!

If you didn't get the email, either shoot me an email at [email protected], or simply fill the pre-order form back out on the site and you will be directed to the checkout.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
919 Posts
Paid and giddy of excitement!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but is the voice control also available as now in the TLC/ULF ? Or can we use the phone voice commands by holding the speak button for 3 seconds ?
I now have a CP600BMW, X-style car module for the triple blinking and an ULF for Bluetooth/voice control. That would mean I can switch to a single module.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but is the voice control also available as now in the TLC/ULF ? Or can we use the phone voice commands by holding the speak button for 3 seconds ?
I now have a CP600BMW, X-style car module for the triple blinking and an ULF for Bluetooth/voice control. That would mean I can switch to a single module.
Marcel,

No, there isn't traditional voice control support like the OE system has, but holding the speak button for 3 seconds will activate Siri or Google Assistant on your phone, so you can have that perform the voice control functions instead :).

Thanks!
-Ted

61 - 78 of 78 Posts