BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

761 - 780 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Tried to dig the thread but did not find(!?) the answer.
Should I be able to access call logs/phone directory and etc. already via nav screen or was this feature still in development?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #762 ·
Tried to dig the thread but did not find(!?) the answer.
Should I be able to access call logs/phone directory and etc. already via nav screen or was this feature still in development?
This is under development. I don't consider it high priority because it's not a particularly useful feature, but certainly worth having.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #764 ·
I already know the discussion on github. The widescreen_modi was also already coded to wert 1. Still does not work.
Can you please make sure the value saved? I had trouble coding this value onto a customers MKIII Navi.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you please make sure the value saved? I had trouble coding this value onto a customers MKIII Navi.

Thanks!
-Ted
It does! I bought a refurbished MK4. It was already coded to widescreen_modi wert 1 from the seller. I read the coding with NCS, recoded it to wert 3, than recoded back to wert 1. Nothing changend.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #766 ·
It does! I bought a refurbished MK4. It was already coded to widescreen_modi wert 1 from the seller. I read the coding with NCS, recoded it to wert 3, than recoded back to wert 1. Nothing changend.
Can you shoot me an email? I would like to have you pull the GT coding directly using an I-Bus command so that I can verify coding. There's no other reason why the coolant temperature would not be displayed.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey Ted,

Do you happen to know if there is a solution to the hissing noise when not playing any music?
It just started doing that or at least I just noticed it. Mine's connected via digital coax :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #768 ·
Hey Ted,

Do you happen to know if there is a solution to the hissing noise when not playing any music?
It just started doing that or at least I just noticed it. Mine's connected via digital coax :)
There's no a fix for this. I have tried different things in the past, but really I need to have someone with the issue test out different S/PDIF configurations within the BlueBus.

Essentially, the BlueBus stops transmitting data to the amplifier and the amplifier shuts down its DAC, which results in stray noises. Not a huge deal since it's only when music is paused, but it is annoying nonetheless.

-Ted

·
Registered
282 Posts
There's no a fix for this. I have tried different things in the past, but really I need to have someone with the issue test out different S/PDIF configurations within the BlueBus.

Essentially, the BlueBus stops transmitting data to the amplifier and the amplifier shuts down its DAC, which results in stray noises. Not a huge deal since it's only when music is paused, but it is annoying nonetheless.

-Ted
Sounds reasonable.
Let me know if I could do anything to help.

Crazy thought. Use external mic port on the bluebus to connect it to a separate mic. If nothing is playing, use that external mic to reduce road noises. BOOM Active Noise Cancelling.
Just Kidding.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #770 ·
Crazy thought. Use external mic port on the bluebus to connect it to a separate mic. If nothing is playing, use that external mic to reduce road noises. BOOM Active Noise Cancelling.
Just Kidding.

But for real, I'll try to get that added soon. It's tedious to test, and I'll have to add a bunch of presets in a menu somewhere. I also can't guarantee I can fix it, since S/PDIF happens out of the direct domain of the BlueBus MCU :(.

-Ted

·
Registered
282 Posts

But for real, I'll try to get that added soon. It's tedious to test, and I'll have to add a bunch of presets in a menu somewhere. I also can't guarantee I can fix it, since S/PDIF happens out of the direct domain of the BlueBus MCU :(.

-Ted
Man.. you always amaze me. I guess we have two mics to work with and if we want some basic level of noise reduction instead of trying to reach Lexus-level NVH, it might be remotely possible.
Thanks for the Tesla&Musk level OTA updates. BlueBus is becoming more and more attractive!

Let me just finish up the welcome message thingy...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #772 ·
Man.. you always amaze me. I guess we have two mics to work with and if we want some basic level of noise reduction instead of trying to reach Lexus-level NVH, it might be remotely possible.
Thanks for the Tesla&Musk level OTA updates. BlueBus is becoming more and more attractive!

Let me just finish up the welcome message thingy...
Sorry, to be clear I was talking about finishing up the code to test different S/PDIF modes so the noise when not streaming goes away. The GIF relates to your noise canceling suggestion -- none of it would be feasible, lol.

-Ted

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry, to be clear I was talking about finishing up the code to test different S/PDIF modes so the noise when not streaming goes away. The GIF relates to your noise canceling suggestion -- none of it would be feasible, lol.

-Ted
😂That's what I thought! LMAO. I was thinking "this guy must be a genius coder to work on such a complicated system."
By the way, I'm making my self busy to see if we could emulate the highbeam flick using ibus functions to implement follow-me-home lights.
Is this a possibility?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hey Ted. I've run into a strange problem with the BlusBus in my 2001 740. It's been working fine until last weekend when I unplugged everything to remount it. After I plugged it back in, it would connect but I would get no audio from it. The counter on the song is going, but there's no sound. All of the comfort functions work, but I haven't tried calls with it since. I flashed from 1.1.16 to 1.1.17 and also restored it, which gave me some success in getting BT audio back, but it went back to intermittently working and now it doesn't work at all. Any advice would be nice.

Thanks,

Chris

Edit: After reading a few pages back, I'm wondering if I've damaged the stock coax cable. I'll try swapping the one from the M5 into the 7 and see if that fixes the issue.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #775 ·
Hey Ted. I've run into a strange problem with the BlusBus in my 2001 740. It's been working fine until last weekend when I unplugged everything to remount it. After I plugged it back in, it would connect but I would get no audio from it. The counter on the song is going, but there's no sound. All of the comfort functions work, but I haven't tried calls with it since. I flashed from 1.1.16 to 1.1.17 and also restored it, which gave me some success in getting BT audio back, but it went back to intermittently working and now it doesn't work at all. Any advice would be nice.

Thanks,

Chris

Edit: After reading a few pages back, I'm wondering if I've damaged the stock coax cable. I'll try swapping the one from the M5 into the 7 and see if that fixes the issue.
Chris,

I agree that it sounds a lot like your coax cable isn't seated well enough or is just too damaged to work anymore. I can suggest a non OE replacement that works well and is reasonably priced if you want.

-Ted

·
Registered
28 Posts
Remember the corded mobile phone that sat in the middle of the armrest? Would it be possible to reinstall that and use it with the BlueBus somehow to conduct telephone calls as a frontend basically for your iPhone?

Long shot, but how cool would it be to resurrect that dinosaur for private calls?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #777 ·
Remember the corded mobile phone that sat in the middle of the armrest? Would it be possible to reinstall that and use it with the BlueBus somehow to conduct telephone calls as a frontend basically for your iPhone?

Long shot, but how cool would it be to resurrect that dinosaur for private calls?
Everything is possible, but with this one's it's highly improbable that I could make that work as it uses a proprietary communication interface between it and the TCU. Not only that, but there are like 3 iterations of it from different manufacturers.

Plus, aren't corded phones illegal to use while driving in most localities? 😅

-Ted

·
Registered
301 Posts
Plus, aren't corded phones illegal to use while driving in most localities?

-Ted
I don't think they even pull people over for that stuff anymore. At least not where I live. Though that would be hillariously badass to get those old phones working again.

As for my bluebus unit. Coming up on 6 months since getting it. And it's literally had no issues at all...meaning I just jinxed myself lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

Looks like I have finally found the Bluetooth module I'm looking for for my e53. I have tried to purchase it from ecs but unfortunately it is not available until June 28th?
I saw in one of the posts the microprocessor is not available which delays the production. Is there any other way to purchase the module?

Please let me know,

Cheers,

Ozzie - x5 01 4.4

761 - 780 of 808 Posts