BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

601 - 620 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Seeing the map on the screen is wholly out of the question. At best, I could feed the Navigation destination from your phone into the Navi, because the ULF supported this so the command exists.

I have been toying with the idea of forwarding Navigation directions to the screen, but they would be rudimentary at best because I can't force the Navi to draw it's sweet direction UI on-demand.

Thanks!
-Ted
Ted,

Thanks for the response. Can you expand on "At best, I could feed the Navigation destination from your phone into the Navi, because the ULF supported this so the command exists." What does that look like? Would the Navigation commands from the phone come through our speakers?

Additional question, do you have to use the BlueBus w/ the factory head-unit? If I have a Dynavin can I use the BlueBus as well?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #602
Ted,

Thanks for the response. Can you expand on "At best, I could feed the Navigation destination from your phone into the Navi, because the ULF supported this so the command exists." What does that look like? Would the Navigation commands from the phone come through our speakers?

Additional question, do you have to use the BlueBus w/ the factory head-unit? If I have a Dynavin can I use the BlueBus as well?
No, what I meant by that is that I could make the OE Navi go to a destination based on your phones input, so you would get the cars guidance and not Google Maps.

As it stands, you should be able to hear Google maps guidance with the BlueBus.

The BlueBus cannot support the Dynavin or any other Android unit :(.

-Ted

·
Registered
45 Posts
People want options for auto-folding because I guess they're way more utilized in Europe than here in the U.S. :)

I don't stock these, and I try not to make them unless absolutely required (like you have the ULF bracket).

Thanks!
-Ted
Gotcha, I do in fact have the ULF bracket. Im the one who emailed you about it earlier this week. Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Ted.
Just removed the Mic from my car. is this the right one and if so what gain setting do you recommend? Still chasing volume issues.
In my X2 and Z3 that both have Bluetooth the phone knows it’s connected to a car as I get a pop-up that tells be I won’t get notifications when I’m driving, the Blue bus doesn’t do this, should it?

Thanks.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ah, found an earlier post, Mike gain set to -27. Should bias be on or off?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ah, found an earlier post, Mike gain set to -27. Should bias be on or off?

I made a call and it works, yay.... lots of echos though. Gain -27. Bias off.

Happy me....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
Pre-order placed for the next batch. Thanks Ted! :)
Thanks for the support!

Hi Ted.
Just removed the Mic from my car. is this the right one and if so what gain setting do you recommend? Still chasing volume issues.
In my X2 and Z3 that both have Bluetooth the phone knows it’s connected to a car as I get a pop-up that tells be I won’t get notifications when I’m driving, the Blue bus doesn’t do this, should it?

Thanks.

Neil.
319 works fine, generally. Try -21.5db Gain and mic bias on.

The BlueBus doesn't have any control of your phone knowing you're driving. I'm assuming this is some kind of handshake done post-connection, but I don't know anything about it.

I made a call and it works, yay.... lots of echos though. Gain -27. Bias off.

Happy me....

Follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/wiki/Accessing-the-Terminal

Then run the following command (followed by enter): bt cvc on

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #610 (Edited)
Couldn't get that command string to work, get 'unable to find PTY or similar.

But. Bias set to -21 gain on and calls are a lot clearer.
Can you please try another cable? If one isn't available, release the BlueBus from the case just a bit so you can get a good connection with the USB port.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Ted

just wondering if you got my emails regarding the issues I’m having with bluebus in my E83

cheers
Blair

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #614
Hey Ted

just wondering if you got my emails regarding the issues I’m having with bluebus in my E83

cheers
Blair
Yes, sorry! The firmware that fixes it hasn't been tested 100%, which is why I haven't sent it over.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, sorry! The firmware that fixes it hasn't been tested 100%, which is why I haven't sent it over.

Thanks!
-Ted
Thanks Ted

I was so excited when it arrived and then it wasn’t working right.

thanks for all your hard work on this, really appreciate it

cheers
Blair

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ted,

any tips or thoughts on why the telephone menu won’t show up,

note this is a Japanese E83 so I’ve had to do a bit of custom pinning to try and get things sorted, but it doesn’t seem to be detecting the blue bus as a tcu

cheers
Blair

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #619
Works okay, some echo at the person receiving the calls end but perfectly useable.

Fantastic.

Hmm, there are some improvements to this coming up for you Digital Audio users -- this will help with echoing when a call is made or received outside of Bluetooth mode only, though.

Hi Ted,

any tips or thoughts on why the telephone menu won’t show up,

note this is a Japanese E83 so I’ve had to do a bit of custom pinning to try and get things sorted, but it doesn’t seem to be detecting the blue bus as a tcu

cheers
Blair
Does the menu option not even show up on the Navi? Is it a JAP Nav or an EU Nav?

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does the menu option not even show up on the Navi? Is it a JAP Nav or an EU Nav?

Thanks!
-Ted
No telephone options on the nav screen, It’s. a Japanese nav, I was planning to swap it out for a mk iv but haven’t been able to find one for a reasonable price, and I wouldn’t really use it much as the maps are pretty outdated

according toa listing I found the unit is a CD-82 CID, only used in E83 X3, and E85 Z4

relevant codes
S601A TV function
S609A Navigation system Professional
S646A Preparation f teleph.installation Japan
S672A CD changer for 6 CDs

601 - 620 of 622 Posts