BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

581 - 600 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
Got mine on Monday, hooked it up Tuesday and finally got a full day of testing today. So far everything is working great. No issues with phone calls, love the auto locking/unlocking.

And as for the audio, holy hell! If you all thought the factory system sounds great with bluebus, you should've heard mine with Bavsound speakers and 2 pioneer subs normally powered by a seperate mono amp! Suprised I didn't set off the San Andreas fault!
Glad you're enjoying! Try to avoid being the cause of natural disasters though ;P

Is having the ability to reset the oil service indicator a possible future feature of the BlueBus?
This is unfortunately not possible.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got mine on Monday, hooked it up Tuesday and finally got a full day of testing today. So far everything is working great. No issues with phone calls, love the auto locking/unlocking.

And as for the audio, holy hell! If you all thought the factory system sounds great with bluebus, you should've heard mine with Bavsound speakers and 2 pioneer subs normally powered by a seperate mono amp! Suprised I didn't set off the San Andreas fault!
Worth the Bavsound upgrade from factory (even with all the work to install)?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hey Ted. I received my Bluebus the other day and installed it in my 2001 E38 yesterday. I'm very happy with the functionality and sound quality, but I have a couple little issues:

1. There is a small pop when I turn the car off or when switching from audio streaming to a phone call. I do have the CD43/MKIV combo (which is causing the screen flicker as someone else experienced), so I'm assuming that may be causing the issue.

2. The dB adjustments for music and call volume don't seem to be doing anything.

Also, a feature request that I'd love to have: Auto-off for the nav screen on startup.

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
Hey Ted. I received my Bluebus the other day and installed it in my 2001 E38 yesterday. I'm very happy with the functionality and sound quality, but I have a couple little issues:

1. There is a small pop when I turn the car off or when switching from audio streaming to a phone call. I do have the CD43/MKIV combo (which is causing the screen flicker as someone else experienced), so I'm assuming that may be causing the issue.

2. The dB adjustments for music and call volume don't seem to be doing anything.

Also, a feature request that I'd love to have: Auto-off for the nav screen on startup.

Thanks!

Chris
Howdy!

1. Not sure about when you turn the car off... Can you disconnect the BlueBus coaxial and see if the issue persists? A small pop is normal when a call comes in, though.

2. They won't if you're using the digital coaxial audio path. They only control the DAC gain, which is not in use in this case.

That's actually stupid easy to implement. What would constitute startup, though? Engine Start? Navi fully booted?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #588
Oh man, please make this happen. Can there be a couple of options to choose from in the settings menu?
Sure, but I would still like to know what options are meaningful. I love having the Navi on in my E46, so I can't fathom having it off :D

-Ted

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sure, but I would still like to know what options are meaningful. I love having the Navi on in my E46, so I can't fathom having it off :D

-Ted
My navi is missing a ton of pixels so it's a bit of an eye sore :)

Suggested options for this feature:

A. Screen turns on during startup, does not turn off

B. Screen turns on during startup, turns off 30 seconds later

C. Screen does not turn on during startup, turns on when a button is pressed

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Howdy!

1. Not sure about when you turn the car off... Can you disconnect the BlueBus coaxial and see if the issue persists? A small pop is normal when a call comes in, though.

2. They won't if you're using the digital coaxial audio path. They only control the DAC gain, which is not in use in this case.

That's actually stupid easy to implement. What would constitute startup, though? Engine Start? Navi fully booted?
Thanks Ted!

What am I missing out on by not using the analog DSP and not being to adjust the dB levels? Anything significant enough to forego the digital DSP sound quality?

If possible, I’d like the screen to stay off on key pos 1 and 2, as well as on engine startup. The splash screen on unlock doesn’t matter, but otherwise I’d like to be able to wake it on my terms as in Sweeney’s option C. However, if the screen has to go through itnitial boot up before you can send the command, that’s no big deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My navi is missing a ton of pixels so it's a bit of an eye sore :)

Suggested options for this feature:

A. Screen turns on during startup, does not turn off

B. Screen turns on during startup, turns off 30 seconds later

C. Screen does not turn on during startup, turns on when a button is pressed
Can we get a "night mode"? If it's after a certain hour, select option C.

Love driving at night with the screen off!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I may have missed it, but will the BlueBus support IOS or Android NAV through the stock MKIV system? Can I have my iPhone connected and get Nav updates through the stereo as well as see the iPhone Nav map on the 16:9?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I may have missed it, but will the BlueBus support IOS or Android NAV through the stock MKIV system? Can I have my iPhone connected and get Nav updates through the stereo as well as see the iPhone Nav map on the 16:9?
No, something like that would be awesome though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #594
Can we get a "night mode"? If it's after a certain hour, select option C.

Love driving at night with the screen off!
I'll add this in for you guys, but I'm gonna rein it in terms of scope.
The screen will turn off under these two conditions, each of which will be a setting:
1. After the unit is fully booted
2. When the headlights are turned on

No, something like that would be awesome though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seeing the map on the screen is wholly out of the question. At best, I could feed the Navigation destination from your phone into the Navi, because the ULF supported this so the command exists.

I have been toying with the idea of forwarding Navigation directions to the screen, but they would be rudimentary at best because I can't force the Navi to draw it's sweet direction UI on-demand.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice feature, but what about the auto folding mirrors ? Seems that I am the only one requesting this :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
Nice feature, but what about the auto folding mirrors ? Seems that I am the only one requesting this :)
This is not as simple as it sounds, as outlined here by a friend: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/issues/24#issuecomment-716122886

That's not to say I have given up on it, there's just a lot of lower handing fruit that I can knock out before going through the mess that will be supporting five generations of ZKE along with the third generation (used in the E38, E39 and E53) which has six variants of its own that are liable to behave differently.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
What is so hard about pushing the button to fold your mirrors? Or are you talking about auto-folding them when turning the car off, and auto-unfold when turning it on? Seems like excessive use of these fragile motors and assemblies to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
3 pin male: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/1-1718346-1?qs=o0QgIGsjnK/Q%2Bp/iRSlrow==
3 pin female: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/1-968700-1?qs=HSGlLeu24BPURVIWzReKew==
3 pin female terminals: (3x): 1355719-1 TE Connectivity AMP Connectors | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey
3 pin male terminals (3x): https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/1355717-1-Cut-Strip?qs=sGAEpiMZZMti11uKQaALGSHG5Nz2znpNr4J2uumbelA=

The downside is that it's really hard to properly crimp the terminal onto wires without the OE tool (which I own. It's $130 USD). I'd be willing to sell these in a limited quantity -- here's one I have already made up:
View attachment 936465

Thanks!
-Ted
Hello Ted,
Do you have any more of these? Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #600
What is so hard about pushing the button to fold your mirrors? Or are you talking about auto-folding them when turning the car off, and auto-unfold when turning it on? Seems like excessive use of these fragile motors and assemblies to me.
People want options for auto-folding because I guess they're way more utilized in Europe than here in the U.S. :)

Hello Ted,
Do you have any more of these? Thanks.
I don't stock these, and I try not to make them unless absolutely required (like you have the ULF bracket).

Thanks!
-Ted

581 - 600 of 622 Posts