BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

561 - 580 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
If it's shipping to Canada, should be no issue. I recieved with no issues.
Yeah, I haven't had any issues to any country so far. UAE and South Africa were the trickiest, and the scandinavian countries have mail delivery that runs like molasses. I recommend the priority and express shipping options for international customers as those will run via UPS, and not state run entities.

-Ted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Clear Voice Capture is probably not enabled --

Please follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/wiki/Accessing-the-Terminal

Then run these commands (each followed with an enter):
Hi Ted,

I'm having the same echo issues as eodlarry using the '338 mic. I installed the latest firmware today and turned the mic gain all the way down. I also ran the Clear Voice Capture commands above, and still no go. Any thoughts? I don't have the digital coax connected from the DSP because my car didn't come equipped. Could this be contributing? I'm also noticing my DSP won't hold any mixer settings and always defaults to flat. Interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Alex

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
Hi Ted,

I'm having the same echo issues as eodlarry using the '338 mic. I installed the latest firmware today and turned the mic gain all the way down. I also ran the Clear Voice Capture commands above, and still no go. Any thoughts? I don't have the digital coax connected from the DSP because my car didn't come equipped. Could this be contributing? I'm also noticing my DSP won't hold any mixer settings and always defaults to flat. Interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Alex
Alex,

You ran bt cvc on? What's the mic gain at? -21.5dB is probably the best for the OE mics.

How loud do you have the caller? If you turn the cabin volume too high, cVc will not have any impact.

Finally, was your testing done in or out of Bluetooth mode?

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Alex,

You ran bt cvc on? What's the mic gain at? -21.5dB is probably the best for the OE mics.

How loud do you have the caller? If you turn the cabin volume too high, cVc will not have any impact.

Finally, was your testing done in or out of Bluetooth mode?

Thanks!
-Ted
Hi Ted,

Yep, bt cvc on, mic gain at either -21 dB or -27 dB and it does the same. I was playing around with it tonight using my wife's phone to call mine. Volume of speakers didn't matter. I unpaired and re-paired the phone, still the same. I also paired my wife's phone and also got the echo on her phone (the person calling in gets the echo). For some reason I'm also not getting the screen option to allow me to pick up an incoming call, which is strange (the phone button works to do this tho).

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
Hi Ted,

Yep, bt cvc on, mic gain at either -21 dB or -27 dB and it does the same. I was playing around with it tonight using my wife's phone to call mine. Volume of speakers didn't matter. I unpaired and re-paired the phone, still the same. I also paired my wife's phone and also got the echo on her phone (the person calling in gets the echo). For some reason I'm also not getting the screen option to allow me to pick up an incoming call, which is strange (the phone button works to do this tho).

Thanks,

Alex
Alex,

Are you testing with both phones in the car at the same time? That creates a bunch of issues with feedback, etc.

Are you placing the calls while in AM/FM or Bluetooth mode? This does make a difference.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Ted,

I walked away from the car so I didn't have feedback.

I tested mostly in Bluetooth mode. I think I tested at least once in AM/FM mode to confirm there were no differences.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
Hi Ted,

I walked away from the car so I didn't have feedback.

I tested mostly in Bluetooth mode. I think I tested at least once in AM/FM mode to confirm there were no differences.

Thanks,

Alex
Alex,

Out of curiosity, if you go under Settings > About -- what firmware are you on?

-Ted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Will do. FWIW I'm still very happy with the product, even if I only have audio streaming at the moment. The blinker option is so cool too. Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey Ted I got the email of mine getting shipped out next day or so. Just asking if it will have the current software update on it, or will I need to update it when it comes in?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
Hey Ted I got the email of mine getting shipped out next day or so. Just asking if it will have the current software update on it, or will I need to update it when it comes in?
They all come with the latest software (at the time of shipping). Part of the reason it takes me so long to get these out the door is they come without software and I have to program each one before testing, assembling the case and assembling the unit into the case. :D

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are these shipping already? I thought we were getting it around February!

I guess I will have to speed up the designing process for a custom case for BlueBus.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are these shipping already? I thought we were getting it around February!

I guess I will have to speed up the designing process for a custom case for BlueBus.
Only for the orders that were placed in July. Don't worry, February isn't that far off. It'll be here before you know it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Installed my Bluebus with TCU connector but the head unit still cycles to CD Changer when I press the Mode button. No sign of the Bluetooth mode. Red light next to the Eject button and Bluebus status LED are both on. Digital DSP, TCU, and power cables are fully seated. Could I get a hand with troubleshooting my install? Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
Installed my Bluebus with TCU connector but the head unit still cycles to CD Changer when I press the Mode button. No sign of the Bluetooth mode. Red light next to the Eject button and Bluebus status LED are both on. Digital DSP, TCU, and power cables are fully seated. Could I get a hand with troubleshooting my install? Thanks
It sounds like you might have one the trouble-making MKII Navi's that the BlueBus has trouble identifying.

Please follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/wiki/Accessing-the-Terminal

After that, run this command (followed by enter):
set ui 2

That should clear it up. The process can be performed in or out of the car, but if you do it inside the car, I would follow the prior command up with a "reboot" so the change actually takes effect.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
260 Posts
Got mine on Monday, hooked it up Tuesday and finally got a full day of testing today. So far everything is working great. No issues with phone calls, love the auto locking/unlocking.

And as for the audio, holy hell! If you all thought the factory system sounds great with bluebus, you should've heard mine with Bavsound speakers and 2 pioneer subs normally powered by a seperate mono amp! Suprised I didn't set off the San Andreas fault!

561 - 580 of 622 Posts