BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

541 - 560 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone having echo issues with microphone 84318380338? Purchased and installed the microphone in March from ECSTuning. Audio on my end is perfect. Everyone I call complains they hear themselves echo as they talk. I thought part # 84316938762 was the one with echo issues?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
Anyone having echo issues with microphone 84318380338? Purchased and installed the microphone in March from ECSTuning. Audio on my end is perfect. Everyone I call complains they hear themselves echo as they talk. I thought part # 84316938762 was the one with echo issues?
Clear Voice Capture is probably not enabled --

Please follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/wiki/Accessing-the-Terminal

Then run these commands (each followed with an enter):
Code:
bt cvc on
bt mgain c1
Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
2002 M5, Imola / Imola
1,696 Posts
Hi Ted, I had a thought for another feature. Does Bluebus have the ability to configure the cold-start rev limit orange lights on the E39 M5? If so, it would be really cool to recalibrate them to oil temp so that they are actually useful. :unsure:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
Hi Ted, I had a thought for another feature. Does Bluebus have the ability to configure the cold-start rev limit orange lights on the E39 M5? If so, it would be really cool to recalibrate them to oil temp so that they are actually useful. :unsure:
You can only control the oil temp lights via the DME parameters. You'd need this tool to change that (which I've actually done on my E46 M3): Launch of the MSS52 / MSS54 Binary Modification Tool - ECUWorx

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have any idea on timing for the next batch? I'm anxiously awaiting!

Edit: Oops, I see the post from a few days ago now, they are shipping real-soon-now™!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
Do you have any idea on timing for the next batch? I'm anxiously awaiting!
I just sent the email out that I am taking orders for the next batch, which will ship in February :).

They are $215 for the next 24 hours, for what it's worth.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just sent the email out that I am taking orders for the next batch, which will ship in February :).

They are $215 for the next 24 hours, for what it's worth.

Thanks!
-Ted
Where can I find it for $215? It's $235 on ECS and on the Bluebus website.

Looking to buy one today :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you click any of the buy links on the homepage, the price is $215 in checkout :)

Thanks!
-Ted
Ordered! Would love the Welcome Halo lights from Remote Unlocking and Mirror folding with Remote Locking to be integrated in any future firmware.

Looking forward to receiving it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ordered as well! Looking forward to improved audio quality and not having to switch inputs when calls come in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I installed my bluebus a couple months ago and it was working greay. Today I went out for a drive and noticed that the music kept skipping. I tried to reconnect my phone (iphone xs) and it did the same thing. Did anyone run into this issue?

Thank you

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi Ted — I installed the software update as suggested for the call volume issue, but now I seem to have lost the blinker function. Bluebus is otherwise running fine. Is this a known issue with the new update?

·
Registered
156 Posts
BlueBus is on order along with related parts for the install. Looking forward for this cool Beast enhancement!!!!! E39 M5 is the best Beast on the road and will be for a long time to come!!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Strange issue with the comfort blinkers.
I've got them set to '3'.
Works perfectly when the headlights are fully off, or full on. But when the parking lights are on (a common position because my Japan-spec car doesn't have DRLs) the left blinker works fine but the right blinker will only blink once.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #558 (Edited)
Ordered! Would love the Welcome Halo lights from Remote Unlocking and Mirror folding with Remote Locking to be integrated in any future firmware.

Looking forward to receiving it!
Ordered! Hopefully no issues with customs - looking forward to a proper audio experience in the new year.
BlueBus is on order along with related parts for the install. Looking forward for this cool Beast enhancement!!!!! E39 M5 is the best Beast on the road and will be for a long time to come!!!!!
Thanks for the support! :)

Hey guys I installed my bluebus a couple months ago and it was working greay. Today I went out for a drive and noticed that the music kept skipping. I tried to reconnect my phone (iphone xs) and it did the same thing. Did anyone run into this issue?

Thank you
Sounds like you've changed where you keep your phone and there's a signal issue. Can you try placing the phone elsewhere? If that fails, can you try it with the phone in the trunk?

Hi Ted — I installed the software update as suggested for the call volume issue, but now I seem to have lost the blinker function. Bluebus is otherwise running fine. Is this a known issue with the new update?
Which version did you install? This was an issue with early 1.1.15 builds.

Please try this version: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/BlueBus/firmware/bluebus_1_1_16.hex

Works perfectly when the headlights are fully off, or full on. But when the parking lights are on (a common position because my Japan-spec car doesn't have DRLs) the left blinker works fine but the right blinker will only blink once.
The gentleman who re-wrote essentially took my rough draft of "The Hobbit" and wrote "Lord of the Halo Rings" with the functionality recently should be reaching out. Regardless, we will likely need logs https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/wiki/Gathering-a-Log

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
2 Posts
The gentleman who re-wrote essentially took my rough draft of "The Hobbit" and wrote "Lord of the Halo Rings" with the functionality recently should be reaching out. Regardless, we will likely need logs https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/wiki/Gathering-a-Log
I am said gentleman 😁.

Well, that's certainly an interesting one! As Ted mentioned, logs will be the silver bullet here. I suspect the early light module variant you'd have in your '97 E38 behaves a little differently to later variants, in which case the logs will be
invaluable. If you could alternate your blinkers a handful of times for headlights off, parking lights on, and headlights on, that should be ideal! 👌

This issue encapsulates one of the challenges of developing the comfort features. There's eight light module variants, which means there's essentially eight different implementations of a given feature. We're able to test a good number of those variants between us, but I don't have access to any early E38s which is exclusively equipped with two of the eight variants.

541 - 560 of 561 Posts