BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

501 - 520 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's not the correct wire for the microphone. As you can see in this pic, the mic has a much smaller 3 pin connector. I have that white connector too, no idea what it goes to though.
20200913_183202.jpg

My connector was tied in with the rear view mirror harnes on the left side above the driver sunvisor. It's crappily highlighted in red lol.
20200913_184843.jpg

Fiddly to get out, but here is the connector.
Screenshot_20200913-185012_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I am sure it's up there hiding, I had all my V1 hardwiring up on that left driver's side and couldn't really see deep in there from where I was sitting, so I asked my son to look and of course he said no more wire harnesses there, but he just glanced over there, did not dig into the harness and see if it was taped up. Ordered the mic from ebay, will dig in once it gets here and then I should be in business!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I assume this is the mic plug, it was the only one in there left..
EDIT - Nfs beat me to it, that's the one.

I don't believe so - IIRC, the mic plug is smaller (3 wire). It should be tucked up on the Driver's side of the headliner as well. In my car, it was hidden by the clip fastening the bundle of wires to the roof of the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My 97 E38 Japan-market didn't come pre-wired for microphone. Anyone have a suggestion for a good aftermarket mic to go with the BlueBus? I've holding off putting the re-skinned headliner back in so that I can run a mic along the roof.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
@t3ddftw Sorry if this was asked previously, but I finally got around to install my BlueBus yesterday evening but am not getting any audio out of the speakers. I can confirm power since I am able to pair with it and see the bluetooth screen on the radio, and with a successful pairing, the phone shows BT connectivity, but when I play anything on the phone, whether it be iTunes, YouTube, or any app with sound, nothing comes out of the speakers. I only connected the 3 pin iBus connector and the digital cable to the Bluebus that came off the disc changer.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
@t3ddftw Sorry if this was asked previously, but I finally got around to install my BlueBus yesterday evening but am not getting any audio out of the speakers. I can confirm power since I am able to pair with it and see the bluetooth screen on the radio, and with a successful pairing, the phone shows BT connectivity, but when I play anything on the phone, whether it be iTunes, YouTube, or any app with sound, nothing comes out of the speakers. I only connected the 3 pin iBus connector and the digital cable to the Bluebus that came off the disc changer.

Any suggestions?
Easy :). Disconnect the coax cable on both ends, then connect the right angled side to the BlueBus and the straight end to the DSP.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Did that @t3ddftw and while the display shows music info on screen and the phone is playing the file, there is no sound. The FM radio has audio if that makes things easier or harder.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #508

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Yes phone was up to max and head unit was cranked up. I don’t mine replacing the cable, but is there no way to test plug it in anywhere else to make sure it’s the cable?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
Yes phone was up to max and head unit was cranked up. I don’t mine replacing the cable, but is there no way to test plug it in anywhere else to make sure it’s the cable?
If you purchased a telephone adapter, making a call outside of Bluetooth mode should produce sound and at least give you a little piece of mind that the BlueBus is working.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I should have purchased a phone adapter but did not. I however will once I sort things out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Finally got around to installing this with the newer high gain mic from bmw and correct digital audio cable from digitech as recommended. Absolutely flawless. Improvement in sound quality vs the grom it replaced is tremendous. Telephone just works. Love the lock doors and multiple blink options. The bluebus is amazing, I am really impressed, a fine piece of engineering.

·
Registered
221 Posts
is there a notification available for firmware updates? I'dmute this thread cause I'm starting to suffer from alert fatigue and just my luck, I will likely miss an actual firmware update message.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
is there a notification available for firmware updates? I'dmute this thread cause I'm starting to suffer from alert fatigue and just my luck, I will likely miss an actual firmware update message.
I do have plans to start up a "newsletter", but I find that emails from me do not always make it into the Inbox (they often get filtered into marketing, etc).

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will always mark you as "not spam" .

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: billybaroo

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I do have plans to start up a "newsletter", but I find that emails from me do not always make it into the Inbox (they often get filtered into marketing, etc).
I dont think email today is the way to go to get your message out to the masses. You could have an instagram or something like this for interested people to subscribe to (or have Ryan at e39 source be your conduit) to get the word out. This places the "I need to know" responsibility on the users or interested parties and not entirely on yourself to push the message out. Its easier for users to grab the info out there than you send it out and often times get overlooked.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Email would be best for me. Subject. "Hey. Firmware! It's me, bluebus..."

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
I dont think email today is the way to go to get your message out to the masses. You could have an instagram or something like this for interested people to subscribe to (or have Ryan at e39 source be your conduit) to get the word out. This places the "I need to know" responsibility on the users or interested parties and not entirely on yourself to push the message out. Its easier for users to grab the info out there than you send it out and often times get overlooked.
Yeah, but then I'd have to get on social media :sick:. I appreciate the idea!

I'm definitely going to post them on the site, and definitely going to set up a semi-automated mailing list.

-Ted

·
Registered
399 Posts
I do not use social media like FB or Instagram at all. So I prefer getting a mail

501 - 520 of 561 Posts