BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

381 - 401 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Ted, I received my unit today and installed it in a few minutes. Love how simple things are. The only hiccup i am experiencing is same as above quoted. I can here the person I am calling but they are not able to hear me. Can you share a link to where you mentioned above about the factory module in the trunk? Alos, any recomendations on setting to for optima calls? Thanks in advance.
On the E39, the factory telephone module lives in one of two places:

1. Above the Navigation computer, hanging from the trunk ceiling. Generally, it looks like a black box.
2. In front of the DSP Amplifier. This unit usually is a silver box with a single cable sticking out of the side.

It sounds like you don't have a factory microphone installed, however. Can you shine a flashlight into the grill and check? :)

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
16 Posts
On the E39, the factory telephone module lives in one of two places:

1. Above the Navigation computer, hanging from the trunk ceiling. Generally, it looks like a black box.
2. In front of the DSP Amplifier. This unit usually is a silver box with a single cable sticking out of the side.

It sounds like you don't have a factory microphone installed, however. Can you shine a flashlight into the grill and check? :)

Thanks!
-Ted
Looks like I need the microphone!🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got my bluebus on Saturday and installed within minutes. What a fantastic creation! Thank you Ted!

Couple of questions: I see the SES connector to make the Bluetooth calling work is out of stock. Do you have the corresponding pig tail that plugs into the bluebus so I could de-pin the SES connector and create my own harness? Could you also tell me which pins need to be removed and where they correspond? Would you be willing to sell that to me on its own?

Thanks again for the awesome product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Got my bluebus on Saturday and installed within minutes. What a fantastic creation! Thank you Ted!

Couple of questions: I see the SES connector to make the Bluetooth calling work is out of stock. Do you have the corresponding pig tail that plugs into the bluebus so I could de-pin the SES connector and create my own harness? Could you also tell me which pins need to be removed and where they correspond? Would you be willing to sell that to me on its own?

Thanks again for the awesome product!

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, the SES and 54-pin adapters are out of stock for now. I'm trying to get more wires made, but the guy who makes the wires (not Wesley, who assembles the adapters) is incredibly bad at responding, and he has my $4,000 terminal applicator, so I'm kind of attached at the hip to him for now...

ANYWAYS, If you shoot me an email at [email protected] I can send you a 6-pin MQS terminal housing which you can "rehome" the SES wires into and plug into the BlueBus. All I ask is that you cover the $3.50 for shipping.

Here are all the pin mappings, btw (DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU ARE IN EUROPE) --

Code:
On the BlueBus:
Pin 1 is the top row, lowest pin (closets to the 6 Pin Audio)
Pin 4 is the bottom row, lowest pin (closets to the 6 Pin Audio) right under pin 1

BlueBus 1 - Mute - SES 22
BlueBus 2 - Mic Neg - SES 8
BlueBus 3 - Spkr Neg - SES 12
BlueBus 4 - Tel ON - SES 18
BlueBus 5 - Mic Pos - SES 9
BlueBus 6 - Spkr Pos - SES 13

BlueBus 1 - Mute - DB25 10
BlueBus 2 - Mic Neg - DB25 14
BlueBus 3 - Spkr Neg - DB25 25
BlueBus 4 - Tel ON - DB25 21
BlueBus 5 - Mic Pos - DB25 15
BlueBus 6 - Spkr Pos - DB25 19

BlueBus 1 - Mute - 54-pin 51
BlueBus 2 - Mic Neg - 54-pin 19
BlueBus 3 - Spkr Neg - 54-pin 38
BlueBus 4 - Tel ON - 54-pin 33
BlueBus 5 - Mic Pos - 54-pin 1
BlueBus 6 - Spkr Pos - 54-pin 37
De-pin instructions can be found here: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/wiki/Install-with-54-pin-TCU-connector

-Ted

·
Registered
33 Posts

Yes, the SES and 54-pin adapters are out of stock for now. I'm trying to get more wires made, but the guy who makes the wires (not Wesley, who assembles the adapters) is incredibly bad at responding, and he has my $4,000 terminal applicator, so I'm kind of attached at the hip to him for now...

ANYWAYS, If you shoot me an email at [email protected] I can send you a 6-pin MQS terminal housing which you can "rehome" the SES wires into and plug into the BlueBus. All I ask is that you cover the $3.50 for shipping.

Code:
On the BlueBus:
Pin 4 is the bottom row, lowest pin (closets to the 6 Pin Audio) right under pin 1

De-pin instructions can be found here: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/wiki/Install-with-54-pin-TCU-connector

-Ted
Thanks Ted! I’m here in the good ole USA. Happy to send payment for shipping. What method do you prefer?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Thanks Ted! I’m here in the good ole USA. Happy to send payment for shipping. What method do you prefer?

PayPal, but shoot me an email so I can get your shipping details :)

-Ted

·
Registered
137 Posts
Got my Blue Bus today! I was expecting an email first but I'm not complaining.

Hooked it up quickly just to make sure everything was working. Didn't get a chance to test the microphone yet.

Thanks again Ted for this amazing product.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
Got my Blue Bus today! I was expecting an email first but I'm not complaining.

Hooked it up quickly just to make sure everything was working. Didn't get a chance to test the microphone yet.

Thanks again Ted for this amazing product.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Did you buy from me or ECS? I send shipment emails, but they end up in promotions usually.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
3 Posts

Code:
On the BlueBus:

-Ted

Hi Ted,

What do you meam with 'Here are all the pin mappings, btw (DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU ARE IN EUROPE) '

I'm in Europe, do I need to use a different pinout? Having a DB25 telephone unit...

Jeroen

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
Hi Ted,

What do you meam with 'Here are all the pin mappings, btw (DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU ARE IN EUROPE) '

I'm in Europe, do I need to use a different pinout? Having a DB25 telephone unit...

Jeroen
I've recently come to find out that BMW used different pinouts with connectors that were exactly alike. No idea why...

I will need the options sheet and build month and year for your car in order to validate pin mappings through TIS.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've recently come to find out that BMW used different pinouts with connectors that were exactly alike. No idea why...

I will need the options sheet and build month and year for your car in order to validate pin mappings through TIS.

Thanks!
-Ted
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not exactly sure what the build month is, it's late 1999 for sure! If that isn't sufficient I can check of course.

Thanks!

Jeroen S

·
Registered
3 Posts

Code:
On the BlueBus:

-Ted

Hi Ted,

What do you mean with; 'Here are all the pin mappings, btw (DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU ARE IN EUROPE) '

Jeroen
Do you know what option codes the car got? What's the VIN?

-Ted
VIN # = WBADN2108OGR72401

Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Ted,

What do you mean with; 'Here are all the pin mappings, btw (DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU ARE IN EUROPE) '

Jeroen

Thanks!
Could this be why I have phone audio problems too?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Hi Ted,

Jeroen

Thanks!
Mdecoder doesn't have your build sheet anymore :(. I will validate the different DB25 pinouts available for the M5.

Could this be why I have phone audio problems too?

Unlikely as you are using the SES adapter and that module was standard across the range. I recall that I'm still waiting on some continuity tests from you, aren't I? :)

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mdecoder doesn't have your build sheet anymore :(. I will validate the different DB25 pinouts available for the M5.

Unlikely as you are using the SES adapter and that module was standard across the range. I recall that I'm still waiting on some continuity tests from you, aren't I? :)

Thanks!
-Ted
When the unit comes back I’ll ask you what to do...

381 - 401 of 417 Posts