BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

241 - 260 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
In case anyone is wondering regarding support - I was part of the first batch of units (no case yet), and I pinned the TCU myself (it's easy). Ted has been superb in addressing my issues with lengthy emails. I decided ultimately that I would like the TCU adapter cable, so my unit isn't hanging in the middle of the cubby, so am still waiting on that. Ted has had addressed several of my questions and issues, including firmware updates, questions about my nav, how to get full-screen text etc. Very responsive vendor/seller, which is greatly appreciated. Can't wait for the TCU cable so I can test the mic, since my pinning was moderately sucessful, but short lived b/c my OCD didn't like how it would just hang in the middle of the cubby.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Following up on @jasoncjung above. I had:
1. a small question around the TCU adapters etc before I ordered the adapter cable, and
2. two minor issues during the install (volume knob error and some background noise).

Ted has delivered better support than you get from most mid size corporations. If you want this functionality - buy it, do not fear any support related items.
And as others have stated, the ability to stream music totally integrated and get Bluetooth phone integration makes the car feel more modern etc. And the multi blink turn signal functionality is worth at least $50.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hi Ted, I have not received my unit yet and placed my order on April 2, it is order number 619, can you check on that one for me? thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Hi Ted, I have not received my unit yet and placed my order on April 2, it is order number 619, can you check on that one for me? thanks!
Howdy!

Sorry, I thought I made it clear, but units won't begin shipping until at least June 25th. They have to be manufactured before I can send them off.

Thankfully, I already have cases and adapters for the second round of orders.

If this is a problem, please reach out to me at [email protected]

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
879 Posts
No problem here Ted, I may have missed you stating that earlier in this thread. Thanks for the update! Not like I've been driving my car anywhere lately anyhow!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Thanks for the update. One more month to go!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yup! Although international customers should note that shipping is like molasses right now. I have a few packages that have been in transit for six weeks now. :(

-Ted

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
hey ted are you still taking orders for this? Looks like orders will ship in June still?
Dan

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I got to try out the Bluebus for a customer install and gotta say it rocks!

Bluetooth streaming quality has surpassed every other unit I've come across. Dice / grom or otherwise.

For those looking for used OEM Microphones I'll be trying to stock a few from now on. Though most definitely not enough to supply all the demand the bluebus is getting :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
hey ted are you still taking orders for this? Looks like orders will ship in June still?
Dan
Dan,

I'm not currently taking orders for the June run. I'm hoping to take another batch of orders in July (likely late July). I didn't get a lot of takers on this June batch because it was in the heat of COVID-19. I'm hoping the next order will be more substantial.

On another note, ECS Tuning is buying 50 units, so you may be able to snag one from them in July (with immediate delivery).

I got to try out the Bluebus for a customer install and gotta say it rocks!

Bluetooth streaming quality has surpassed every other unit I've come across. Dice / grom or otherwise.

For those looking for used OEM Microphones I'll be trying to stock a few from now on. Though most definitely not enough to supply all the demand the bluebus is getting :)
Glad you enjoyed my work of love! I have to tip my hat to the engineers who developed the PCM5122 DAC, which is responsible for that crisp analog audio. The digital interface simply affords the DSP a chance to stretch its legs (audio is entirely digital from the phone, to the BT module, and into the DSP -- nothing is done to it beyond trans-coding where applicable).

-Ted

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just received my Bluebus today and am amazed at the audio quality afforded through the bluetooth connection! By far surpasses by old Dice + iPod setup. Setup took 20 minutes, with 10 of those being me struggling to remove the interior push pins with a screwdriver to access the TCU cable. The most impressive thing however, is the amazing responsiveness to questions and support from Ted (as already mentioned). I look forward to all the upcoming features to be added to this wonderful product, thanks Ted for bringing new life to this aging platform!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yay, I just got the email from Ted that mine is coming too (#181)! Let's see how long the slow boat to Australia takes!

I am simply astounded that someone can work so hard to integrate our 'old' hardware with the latest technology. We always knew that our cars were advanced for their time (and upgradeable), but Ted's work has (apparently!) gone so much beyond what we would have expected at the time. I can't wait to try it out for myself.

We shouldn't underestimate the impact of this development. I know that it has been a labour of love for Ted, but I hope that he also gets some financial reward down the track and the next batches do better than break even. He deserves it!

Cheers,
Adam.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Just received my Bluebus today and am amazed at the audio quality afforded through the bluetooth connection! By far surpasses by old Dice + iPod setup. Setup took 20 minutes, with 10 of those being me struggling to remove the interior push pins with a screwdriver to access the TCU cable. The most impressive thing however, is the amazing responsiveness to questions and support from Ted (as already mentioned). I look forward to all the upcoming features to be added to this wonderful product, thanks Ted for bringing new life to this aging platform!
Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying your unit and the support :)

Yay, I just got the email from Ted that mine is coming too (#181)! Let's see how long the slow boat to Australia takes!

I am simply astounded that someone can work so hard to integrate our 'old' hardware with the latest technology. We always knew that our cars were advanced for their time (and upgradeable), but Ted's work has (apparently!) gone so much beyond what we would have expected at the time. I can't wait to try it out for myself.

We shouldn't underestimate the impact of this development. I know that it has been a labour of love for Ted, but I hope that he also gets some financial reward down the track and the next batches do better than break even. He deserves it!

Cheers,
Adam.
Thanks, Adam! It has been and continues to be a labor of love. I would like to say that I have made some decent profit so far, though when you account for development time, the amount of money I put into prototyping / development and the time I spend programming, testing and shipping each unit then I realize I'm not rolling in dough over here :). Still, it's extremely rewarding that others are enjoying my "baby" (even though I have my share of actual babies!) and I'm sure I'll make some sizable profit down the line.

-Ted

·
Registered
212 Posts
Anyone have a thread where bBus owners discuss mounting options, stuff to order, whatever? I saw a couple of things, but nothing definitive. if not ill create the thread.

I'm of a mind to use some vibration isolators and an existing bracket

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Anyone have a thread where bBus owners discuss mounting options, stuff to order, whatever? I saw a couple of things, but nothing definitive. if not ill create the thread.

I'm of a mind to use some vibration isolators and an existing bracket
Ryan goes into that here:

Other than that, nope :(

-Ted

241 - 260 of 267 Posts