BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
My order has been placed as well hopefully sooner than June ;)
Thanks! I would not hold my breath on that. The manufacturer is pretty set in stone about their estimated completion dates.

The cases will be to me way sooner, but it does no one any good without a proper BlueBus.

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks! I would not hold my breath on that. The manufacturer is pretty set in stone about their estimated completion dates.

The cases will be to me way sooner, but it does no one any good without a proper BlueBus.

Thanks!
-Ted
Sweet love the case design, this will be going in my 740iL that I bought for the old man to daily but will definitely get another when I purchase my M5 :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ted. you have/had a link in this thread somewhere showing the in-progress status of deliveries and etc. I cant find it. Do you have any updates on delivery dates, etc.
I elected to wait for cases and cables so I'm just looking for a general ETA.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Ted. you have/had a link in this thread somewhere showing the in-progress status of deliveries and etc. I cant find it. Do you have any updates on delivery dates, etc.
I elected to wait for cases and cables so I'm just looking for a general ETA.
Hmm, I'm not sure what you're referring to. In any case, I have shipped 341 units of 480. I should have another 96 out by this time next week.

For what it's worth, shipping has not gone by order number. It has gone by how long you were on the waiting list prior to buy one (this seemed most fair as most people paid within days of each other).

Thanks!
-Ted

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
USPS is slow :ROFLMAO:
Every day hitting few times refresh in their tracking page (also in Finnish Post page who delivers USPS packets here in Finland) :D
Yeah man... I have been keeping tabs on international packages. The ones destined for Canada and the U.K. seem to move with ease, but the others are all still stuck in Chicago. I had a package delivered to Romania and it took damn near four weeks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah man... I have been keeping tabs on international packages. The ones destined for Canada and the U.K. seem to move with ease, but the others are all still stuck in Chicago. I had a package delivered to Romania and it took damn near four weeks.
Hmm, are you sure that it is really still stuck in Chicago?
Ok, trackings last change is still there but it already could be in Europe... At least I hope so. On friday, exactly one month when packet was picked up from your place :D

But it comes when it comes, in these days my patience is not so good :p

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Hmm, are you sure that it is really still stuck in Chicago?
Ok, trackings last change is still there but it already could be in Europe... At least I hope so. On friday, exactly one month when packet was picked up from your place :D

But it comes when it comes, in these days my patience is not so good :p
That's the thing that sucks about USPS First Class International -- They will "get to it when they get to it". Sadly, it's the only really affordable International Shipping Method.

I think you will see an ISC Custom Clearance Message before you can ever expect it to be in Europe :)

I feel you on patience -- I bought myself something nice from a boutique shop who quoted 3 week lead time, and now it's up to 6 - 8 :(.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That's the thing that sucks about USPS First Class International -- They will "get to it when they get to it". Sadly, it's the only really affordable International Shipping Method.

I think you will see an ISC Custom Clearance Message before you can ever expect it to be in Europe :)

I feel you on patience -- I bought myself something nice from a boutique shop who quoted 3 week lead time, and now it's up to 6 - 8 :(.
Damn... Noticed this from USPS webpage... https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/pdf/second-air-to-sea-diversion-in-effect.pdf
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Good find! They just told me shipments were delayed because of COVID-19 :/
Nothing on that ship for the UK! :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yours will ship out soon -- I just got adapters in stock recently, which is what your order has been waiting on. Thankfully, Shipments to Canada and the U.K. have continued to be timely (within two weeks).

On that note, I'm 370 orders out of 480 in to fulfillment. The last 120 or so units have gone out complete (case, adapters, etc) and the same will be the case for the next 110. I'm hoping to have all 110 out by the end of next week.

Once those are completely shipped I will go back and start shipping cases and adapters for everyone in the first half of shipments.

Thanks for your patience!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
What's the timing on a new batch? Site just says to signup to purchase later. Thanks.
That's a tough question to answer.

So! I've ordered about 25 extra units on this batch, some for possible returns, some for remaining prototypes that need to get replaced in the field, and the rest to sell.

In addition, ECS Tuning purchased 50 units that they are going to sell, most likely, sometime in July.

Beyond that, I will likely do another mass order run in August, where ECS Tuning will likely buy another 50 units.

Demand was simply not there this last production run due to COVID-19. I suspect I will sell quite a lot of units in the next run, which means I will have the cash flow to purchase some for my own stock. Keep in mind, each unit costs me ~$130 and that's if I consider myself free labor, so I don't like to keep a lot of units sitting around.

I hope this helps!
-Ted

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Thanks for the update. I wonder what ECS will list it for.
$235 :)

I already went over that with them. I sold them 100 units at $160 a pop (well, they "promised to buy" the 100 and paid for 50 so far). I figured the exposure was worth the massive blow to my margins, plus their BMW catalog folks seem like great guys -- they have been a pleasure to work with.

-Ted

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's great. I might just pick one up from them since availability should be sooner than your next full batch. Looks like a great product. Thanks for putting the effort into developing it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
That's great. I might just pick one up from them since availability should be sooner than your next full batch. Looks like a great product. Thanks for putting the effort into developing it.
Yeah, go for it! I try not be a salesman about my product, but I will say that I have had nothing but good feedback in terms of quality. The main complaints involve small bugs (which I have continually fixed), and the lacking documentation for installation, which ECS is helping with.

What's funny is that I only made this because I wanted it for my E46 M3, which I never drive due to the fact that I work from home.

-Ted

221 - 240 of 267 Posts