BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 BMW M5 LeMans blue/Caramel
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My insurance declared my 2000 M5 a total loss.
In addition to the Dinan and audio mods, I'm working to justify to them that having full Caramel leather and split folding seats was also an expensive option.

Do any of you know where I can find (US) cost of this option when car was new?
I found a link on the board for UK option prices, but I don't think that reflects US option costs. (Link opens a pdf)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Looks like the split folding seat was $475. For the different leather interiors they just say “included”, so can’t help you there.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hi Tapas,

To confirm, your Caramel Leather was the Heritage leather option correct? I think there was then also the option of 'Full' leather and 'Extended' leather.

I've got a UK options price list somewhere, and I vaguely recall the Heritage option was around £3000 for the 98/99 Model year. I'd say a ballpark equivalent at the time for the US would've have been $3000/3500. I understand obviously you'd want an actual figure so hopefully a member who has a US price list can help there. However, looking at the scans above, maybe the Heritage option was a no cost one ?

Cheers, Dennis!

Reactions: Tapas

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Thank you for the price on the split fold seats! That is still helpful!
Take a look here. At least as of 2001 MY, it implies the luxury interior with full leather (Complete or Extended I think) was a no cost option.

Best would be if someone still has there Monroney sticker with the full leather option to see if there is any upcharge. The only cost options I recall were fold down rear seats, M audio and rear electric sunshade (with sport interior only). The interior choice, sport or luxury was a no cost option.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take a look here. At least as of 2001 MY, it implies the luxury interior with full leather (Complete or Extended I think) was a no cost option.

Best would be if someone still has there Monroney sticker with the full leather option to see if there is any upcharge. The only cost options I recall were fold down rear seats, M audio and rear electric sunshade (with sport interior only). The interior choice, sport or luxury was a no cost option.

Regards,
Jerry
I see.
From what I understand, Full leather is an expensive option on M5s today and was an expensive option on M5s in the UK.
If anyone has a window sticker on a car with full leather option, that will clear this up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My car has the caramel all-leather interior (leather dashboard, etc.) The window sticker says "Caramel all leather Nappa Heritage" interior, and that it is "Included" in the base price. So it appears to be a no-cost option. And the fold-down seats were a $475 upcharge. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car has the caramel all-leather interior (leather dashboard, etc.) The window sticker says "Caramel all leather Nappa Heritage" interior, and that it is "Included" in the base price. So it appears to be a no-cost option. And the fold-down seats were a $475 upcharge. Hope this helps.
Got it! Thanks for clarifying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts