BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the board. Never owned an M5, but brother has an E39 and cousin has had 2 E39's.

Just finalized my order on the new E60. My US dealer tells me that even with the full leather option, the backs of the seats will be black. I ordered a Black Sapphire/Portland Brown/Aluminum trim.

I was concerned about the back since I have 2 little boys who can't keep their feet off the back of the seats for the life of them.

All pictures I have seen show full color on back of seats as well, but I am hoping for black back in the U.S.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Zonacat said:
Hi all, new to the board. Never owned an M5, but brother has an E39 and cousin has had 2 E39's.

Just finalized my order on the new E60. My US dealer tells me that even with the full leather option, the backs of the seats will be black. I ordered a Black Sapphire/Portland Brown/Aluminum trim.

I was concerned about the back since I have 2 little boys who can't keep their feet off the back of the seats for the life of them.

All pictures I have seen show full color on back of seats as well, but I am hoping for black back in the U.S.

Thanks for any help.

My Indy red seats have black backs, and its a Full leather interior.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
m5-black said:
My Indy red seats have black backs, and its a Full leather interior.
Thanks! I hope my dealer is right. I have just seen so many pictures that have the backs of the seats with the full color on them. Maybe in other countries you can option the backs to be the same color.

Anyway, thanks and I feel better now.

January delivery :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
It depends on what seats you chose, not the full leather option

Normal seats have black backs
Multifunction M seats have leather backs

·
Registered
162 Posts
Zonacat said:
Thanks! I hope my dealer is right. I have just seen so many pictures that have the backs of the seats with the full color on them. Maybe in other countries you can option the backs to be the same color.

Anyway, thanks and I feel better now.

January delivery :)
Locally is our Brochure we have section that shows what colour each component should be , I'm attaching the section on seats and Portland - plus a pic of my seat back.

I think that this is country dependent.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
SuperBMW said:

No thats not always the case I have black backs and Multi-function seats, unless I have a one off ,then in some markets you get black backs and the brochure I incl on my last post seems to say that I should have black seat backs - confusing isn't it ?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SuperBMW said:

I have the full-color Portland Brown with the M-mulitifunction seats. So the question remains if I get the black backs. I sure hope so.??????

·
Registered
540 Posts
m5-black said:
No thats not always the case I have black backs and Multi-function seats, unless I have a one off ,then in some markets you get black backs and the brochure I incl on my last post seems to say that I should have black seat backs - confusing isn't it ?
Must be market specific then, all the others ive seen have the same color back on the m Multifunction seats

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have silverstone II interior, extended(not full) leather, and M multi. seats. the back seats are silver too. But there's no other member w/ portland int. w/multi seats to show whether theyr black or the same color...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Jad said:
Have silverstone II interior, extended(not full) leather, and M multi. seats. the back seats are silver too. But there's no other member w/ portland int. w/multi seats to show whether theyr black or the same color...
Member Vic has Portland

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks SuperBMW. I still think it might be country sensitive. Since I am in the US, I hope it is the black. The pix you sent are the ones I saw that made me question all of this in the first place. LOL.

Well, my dealer rep gets back in the office tomorrow, and hopefully he can give me some type of firm answer.

2006 E60 M5: Black Sapphire/Portland/Aluminum (January)
2006 E60 550i: Monaco Blue Metallic/Auburn/Ash Maple (November) Wife's car-to-be.

SuperBMW said:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I know. The question is: On the full leather version of let's say a silver or brown interior, do the back of the seats remain black or color code to the leather. My dealer says they are black, many pictures show otherwise. Except there is a picture of the Indy red interior, which only comes in full leather, and the back of the seats are black. It is a mystery that only delivery of my car will settle. But that's not until January!! And I want black seat backs! The Madness is just beginning i fear as I just ordered my car yesterday and have about 20 posts on this board already. LOL

m5floyd said:
full leather is the only way I could get a/c in the seats..Vented

·
Registered
540 Posts
Zonacat said:
Yes I know. The question is: On the full leather version of let's say a silver or brown interior, do the back of the seats remain black or color code to the leather. My dealer says they are black, many pictures show otherwise. Except there is a picture of the Indy red interior, which only comes in full leather, and the back of the seats are black. It is a mystery that only delivery of my car will settle. But that's not until January!! And I want black seat backs! The Madness is just beginning i fear as I just ordered my car yesterday and have about 20 posts on this board already. LOL
We will get our answer when the first USA cars with M Multifunction seats are delivered

But most markets have the colored backs

·
Registered
251 Posts
It's quite possible that not only are black backings on seats country/market-specific, but they may be color-specific too. Perhaps tamer colors like portland and silverstone may have same-color backings because it is esthetically acceptable. However, indy red interiors may have become the exception. It seems that too much red is too much and designers at BMW have picked up on that. I have not seen pics of indy red full leather to have black backings. It may be that all indy red interiors will have black backings regardless of the multifunction seats option while portland and silverstone will be dependent or not on that particular feature. Just my 2 cents.... we shall soon see. I ordered indy red full with multifunction.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The M5 exhibited on the IAA in Frankfurt had a full leather silverstone interior with multifunction seats - the color of the back of the seat was silverstone. So it seems that you have to order multifunction seats to get the seatbacks in the same colour.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts