BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, purchasing a 2003 M5 in California from a forum member. My wife and I are flying out and going to spend several days driving around and viewing the sights. We will be driving along the coast then head inland to the Hoover Dam, the GC, down through Sedona to Tucson. Lots of miles. Does anyone have a good source for a FFEB? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
would contact paper of blue painters tape be too tacky for this journey? Its what a lot of people use at the track or getting to a remote location for a show or meet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely worth looking into. Maybe use all 3 colors. Do they make an aqua color painters tape?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I wouldn’t put a bra on it, even for a short time. They do more damage than good. Consider this, or drive it, enjoy it, and let it get some bugs on it. If it doesn’t have protection on it now, then I would guess the front isn’t mint anyway. Have a great trip and congratulations.

·
Registered
210 Posts
you need the kit for m5 bumper

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Use Trakktape for the trip, and then have Xpel installed when you are home.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If it's not in need of a repaint yet, get 3M film applied. Eliminates the issues of a FFEB and is removable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts