BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be looking for a fuel pump for maintenance and also notice my car stutter a bit yesterday. Let me know what you have.

Thx

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I have a used walbro, bought if from Clemster but don't need it anymore $80 shipped.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I have at least a dozen working OEM fuel pumps but can't confirm any of them to be below 69k miles.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have at least a dozen working OEM fuel pumps but can't confirm any of them to be below 69k miles.
How much for these pumps Adam? Maybe worth having a cheap one in the trunk as a spare to get you home for the cars still on the original pump. Pretty easy to install in a parking lot if stranded. Only time I was stranded by the M5 was due to fuel pump failure.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx guys I just went ahead and purchased new so no worries for another 100k miles or so.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
How much for these pumps Adam? Maybe worth having a cheap one in the trunk as a spare to get you home for the cars still on the original pump. Pretty easy to install in a parking lot if stranded. Only time I was stranded by the M5 was due to fuel pump failure.
I sell working OEM pumps for $50 shipped that are complete and ready to install on the side of the road. :)

thx guys I just went ahead and purchased new so no worries for another 100k miles or so.
New is always best!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I sell working OEM pumps for $50 shipped that are complete and ready to install on the side of the road. :)

New is always best!
Wish I knew that last week PRIOR to the $340 tow Adam :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick note whoever needs to replace Fuel pump do it, what a difference it makes in performance and power delivery from the old no more hesitations or jerkiness all gone Just do it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just a quick note whoever needs to replace Fuel pump do it, what a difference it makes in performance and power delivery from the old no more hesitations or jerkiness all gone Just do it.
<<< What he said - just did mine - what a difference...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Wish I knew that last week PRIOR to the $340 tow Adam :)
Yeah I paid about $150 I think to get the car home, was a few years ago now. A $50 pump & few tools in the trunk to get you going again is a steal, plus you keep the spare pump on hand when your new one comes in.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Interesting. Maybe we should do a fuel pressure check with a new pump vs. an old pump and can the data can be used to determine when our pumps are getting weak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts