BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, just got an issue with the beast, i did hit the research button but didn't realy find an answer.

Went out this morning driving smooth to let her warm up, once fully warm I went on WOT in M mode passed 7000rpm and yellow CEL poped up :-(

Went back home driving cool and pulled codes.

I have the following codes
DME-2788 Fuel Pressure

Setpoint/Actual-Valve Comparison at Maximum Pressure

DME-Fuel Control Adaptation - Factor Maximum Stop.

Fuel pressure measures 4.8 bars
Nominal pressure 6bars
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1418464079.217105.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1418464100.030292.jpg

Fuel pump and filter must be oem.
If i change the pump, will the new filter be supplied ?

For me its the pump, I also have so fuel level reading issues so might sort everything out

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
First off check that both fuel pump fuses are OK. F30 in the glove box and F72 in the boot. Second pump kicks in at high demand. The filter is seperate and does not come with the pump. The filter is in the left side if the fuel tank and the pumps are in the right.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleared the faults and went for a drive this afternoon, error didn't come back. I'm thinking of changing the fuel filter as a start point and if it comes back after that i will change the pump,pumps ??

·
Registered
317 Posts
The fuel filter is a good start, if you were going to change the pump then you should change the filter anyway. At 60k miles, mine was full of dirt, so it could well be your issue.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1419531299.456092.jpg
I am going to change the pump at the same time. When you change the filter you have done half the work of getting the pump out.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1419531372.322749.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts