BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived home with 3/4 of a tank of juice, went in got gym gear.
40 mins later go to drive out of garage and notice gauge behind empty, Range was at 270kms and started dropping 1km per second when driving! Anybody experienced this before?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Faulty sender unit, being replaced tomorrow
Appreciate the update.
Even though nobody could help, thanks for the diagnosis.. it will help someone else down the road.

·
Banned
378 Posts
I just started a thread like this as well. My gauge isn't reaching the 'full' mark. . . :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm Sure mine is broken too

I fill up the car drive it 150 miles and it tells me its empty again!!! Not sure whats wrong but I have the bank manager looking into the problem for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Apparently the tanks sits over the back axle and has two pumps one feeds onside and pumps it over to the other then up to the engine, very complicated, and from what I heard its not good to run with low fuel as one pump will shut off and this can cause problems.

How hard is it to NOT run an M5 on low fuel

Thsi information needs to be taken on face value as the guy who tried to explain it to me can BS a little so would be good if someone can confirm.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apparently the tanks sits over the back axle and has two pumps one feeds onside and pumps it over to the other then up to the engine, very complicated, and from what I heard its not good to run with low fuel as one pump will shut off and this can cause problems.

How hard is it to NOT run an M5 on low fuel

Thsi information needs to be taken on face value as the guy who tried to explain it to me can BS a little so would be good if someone can confirm.
true that there are two pumps, it is not good to run any car low on fuel as the fuel lubricates the pump.
I read in the handbook that performance may be reduced in the last 20-30 miles on range?!

Agree on how hard it is not to run tehm low on fuel!!!:D

Not sure if the level sensor is part of the pump or if it is seperate?!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I fill up the car drive it 150 miles and it tells me its empty again!!! Not sure whats wrong but I have the bank manager looking into the problem for me.
LOL.....it just means you are driving the Beast properly, nothing wrong with the gauge. :M5launch:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts