BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
So is this just preventive maintenance or is there a schedule when it should be done?
Supposed to be replaced every 60k miles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did this about a month ago, but i thought I would post my filter. Car had 99k when I changed it, was on original. Took me 30 minutes to do and I am not a wrench turner.

Did have to go back in because I got the level sensor stuck. Make sure it’s behind the tubes. And I did reuse my level sensor.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Car had 99k when I changed it, was on original.
Did mine at 108k (figure roughly EIGHT THOUSAND gallons of fuel), was original as well. Maybe the cost/pain (relative to other cars) is why so many have original filters at such high mileage and maybe that is why injector failure/hydrolock is more common on these cars.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did mine at 108k (figure roughly EIGHT THOUSAND gallons of fuel), was original as well. Maybe the cost/pain (relative to other cars) is why so many have original filters at such high mileage and maybe that is why injector failure/hydrolock is more common on these cars.
I know that’s why I did mine, I am paranoid. Did you do injectors as well? I was considering doing mine, but I’ve been told it’s over kill.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts