BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL:
It happened at speed of 180kph..fuel cut off..and the car feel boogy..i press the accelator in full but there is no power..rpm can not go over 3000 rpm when driving...i stoped the car put in neutral press full accelator rpm can not go over 3000 rpm..i turned the car off and started everything got back to normal..it happened twic in last week..feedback plz....is it coil,cps,fuelpump,ogxgen sensor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fuel filter changed one year ago..i am lost this thing happened for the first time since i owned the car ...car has 63000 miles.

Thank you

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
engine failsafe modus.

engine went in protection for some reason.
can be everything,you need too look up what codes it gives.otherwise its a guessing game from bad fuel up to sensors.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i can drive the car normally ..no hestation..but when i press into the accelator no power ..rpm would not go over 3000 rpm..while i am at constant speed let say 120kph..i turned the car off and then on everything got back normal and i have power..i do not know what is it..by the way no ses lights comes on the cluster.

Thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
check the mafs

·
Registered
86 Posts
My friend had the same problem on ordinary r6 BMW and it was crankshaft/camshaft position sensor fault.... Check them out.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Update...i run the reader today in an indy shop..it shows faulty empty tank ( but my tank was full when that happened)..also shows cps faulty+ oxgyen sensor faulty..only those three fault apears on the reader...he clear all fault and told me to try it a couple of days and see if this happened again...what do you think it is.

Thank you

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lets go to something much simpler: have you checked the filter inside the petrol tank, by your fuel pick up? (if we can can that pancake a fuel filter)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Lets go to something much simpler: have you checked the filter inside the petrol tank, by your fuel pick up? (if we can can that pancake a fuel filter)
That is the first question that my indy shop asked me..how long have you had changed the fuel filter?..i told him one years ago..he said that long time and said you will be suprised if you see how dirty the fuel filter if i opened it.. anyway i will wait and see what hapened in incoming days

Thanks

·
Registered
991 Posts
Before you even posted any codes someone suggested the CPS. Then you got the codes for CPS and 02 sensor. Now you're going to change your fuel filter?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts