BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is first time I write here, although I've been around to get useful infos. My question is, does anyone know whether the fuel that we use can affect the throttle actuator to throw out a fault? I use 95-98 Octane petrol here in New Zealand, but somehow since I changed from Shell to BP, my car began to throw out a fault code relating to the throttle actuator bank 2. The fault resets by itself but it also very depends on the outside temperature. I would like to hear some opinions before I replace the actual throttle actuator. I wondered if it is the actuator itself is at fault, then why is the fault not always there but on/off irregularly. My mechanic told me that it could be either carbon deposit inside the actuator so one of two sensors inside the actuator is throwing out a fault, or a poor plug connection (less possibility). I've replaced the battery to see if it works but no luck with it. Any opinions? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reply,, do you know anything on our car, can throw out throttle actuator fault other than the actuator itself? anyone fixed the fault by ECU flash?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts