BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

Hopefully somebody can help me with this problem please.
I was just driving back home , everything was ok, working perfectm then I parked the car, an M6 2010 E63 , and after 40 minutes came back , started the engine, and after the first 10 meters I've just got this errors that you can see in the pictures. I stopped the car, the errors dissapeared , then after driving 2 minutes the errors came back . Stopped in a petrol station , checked all the tyres - the L front one had less pressure then the others and I fixed that. The Tyre pressure system was reseted with the engine on and the car on neutral, then I started to drive and all the errors went away. 30 miles later , while driving, they came back again. So I stopped again , turned off the engine, re-started the tyre pressure system , and that was all good up to home - 40 minutes driving.M button with all the systems could be activated and deactivated without any issues. I've tried to use the Cruise control - but I've got an error , so just before arriving at home I turned off the engine, started again and Cruise Control was working again.
The car was 1 week ago to BMW for a check-up , and everything was clear at the scan.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd take a look at one of the abs sensors on the wheels. If memory serves, the air pressure is calculated by individual wheel speed and not a remote sensor inside the wheel (typically the valve stem.) The cruise control will not engage when there is a fault with it. If the sensor is going out randomly, they computer will flag a fault but will reset itself when you restart the car and the abs does internal checks. My recommendation would be to check the electrical connections to the wheel speed/abs sensors at the wheels and go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts