BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted for another thread in the e39 forum about possible VANOS issues. It turned out to be one of two VANOS control solenoids. But I only found this out after replacing one set of cam position sensors. I am replacing both solenoids, even though one is functional.

As a result, I have 1 set of cam position sensors (exhaust and intake), and 1 VANOS solenoid unit that will be sitting in my garage in about a week or so (the new parts are special order, so they won't arrive until next week).

They are off of my MY00 M5 with 60k miles. If you are interested in them, please let me know....any reasonable offer will be considered. The new ones are quite expensive, and not readily available...so hopefully I'll be able to help you out.

email me at [email protected] if interested...I'll post when sold.

Thanks,

Lance

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cam sensors - $80 for both intake and exhaust sensors. Over $250 new.

Vanos solenoid - $50...save it for a rainy day. They're over $300 new.

Buyer pays shipping.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Úbermensch said:
why dont you save 'em for a rainy day yourself :blink:
Already stocked up for my rainy days....that's why I'm selling these. No biggie though, if no one wants them I don't mind keeping them. Just throwing them out there in case someone needs them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JoeCinVA said:
Do you still have the bad vanos solenoid? Want to sell it to me?
I'll have to check and see if my mechanic kept the bad one....so you're asking for the broken one? Just want to make sure.

Lance

·
Registered
18 Posts
cvp911t said:
I'll have to check and see if my mechanic kept the bad one....so you're asking for the broken one? Just want to make sure.

Lance
Yes, the broken one (if I can get it cheap, i.e. shipping and something for your troubles). I just want to take a look at one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me see how big it is...I wouldn't imagine shipping would be over $10. No need to pay me for my troubles...it's no big deal. Email me your info at [email protected]....and i'll get it out to you when I get it from my mechanic.

I'm thinking about making a Vanos or CPS shaped stress ball.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts