BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comes with a free 2002 M5 in Chiaretto Red/Caramel. Turned 44k miles earlier this week. 2nd owner. Been in Texas its whole life (after delivery from a Louisianna dealership- well and that whole building and boat thing). Factory options include: M audio and fold down rear seats. Things that are not stock: Stealth1 (duh) and V1 prewire was not spliced off a wire, but was put on its own fused circuit, 18x9 M parallels on all 4 corners (easier to clean) with 3mm spacers up front- about 6k miles on them in excellent condition due to the Rejex I applied to them before mounting. Rubber is Dunlop Direzza Z1 275/35 18s with about 4k miles on them. Nav has been upgraded to a MK4 with a DVD disc from early 2006. Radio was replaced and can accept Sirius radio plug-in. Windows tinted all windows (35% front, 5% rear) except windshield.

I have no records from the first owner, but do have the service history from a BMW dealer showing what was done during his ownership. All that was done was inspection 1 and the clutch was replaced at ~4k miles. I replaced the tranny fluid (Royal Purple) and diff (BMW Castrol XJ-F) when I bought it (12/05 with 23k miles). MAFs were both replaced (with DavidS units) about 10k miles ago. Engine oil, spark plugs, camshaft sensors (all 4), O2 sensors (all 4), engine air filters and cabin filters were all replaced in the past 10k miles (most in the past 5k miles). Car needs nothing at this time (nothing til inspection 2 at 60k miles).

A few issues to note: 1) usual rock chip damage up front, 2) normal wear on driver side bolster, arm rest and door close bar, and 3) a crack in the driver side of the front bumper (not that bad, but somebody anal will notice it).

For full asking price I will include the actual V1 unit (version 1.8 bought just before they started adding POP) and a set of 4 Yokohama ADVAN Sport tires (all 275/35 18) with ~2k miles on them- with the tires on the car and these, you shouldn't need tires til well past 60k miles.

Car has been absolutely flawless (knock on wood) during my ownership. I am selling due to the need to upgrade the track tow vehicle and trailer.

Located in East Texas (about 2 hours East of Dallas).

I will get the car cleaned up (gotta love spring in Texas with all the pollen that gets the car dirty in 2 seconds after a wash) and will post pics this weekend.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
How much without the car?

:)

Good luck with the sale- with the nav upgrade it is really a '2003'. The radio is a bonus too.

A

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much without the car?

:)

Good luck with the sale- with the nav upgrade it is really a '2003'. The radio is a bonus too.

A
Tell you the truth...I don't know where they installed the Stealth1. I could ask who installed it, but I am using the already installed unit as a sales incentive. :7:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Tell you the truth...I don't know where they installed the Stealth1. I could ask who installed it, but I am using the already installed unit as a sales incentive. :7:
I'm kidding. I have one.

Just a joke and a free bump...

A

PS It should be up behind the sunroof switches.... provided the V1 mounts up on the windshield.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, maybe slightly optimistic on the price. $33.5k...the extras are worth $2k. Lower than $33.5k doesn't get the Stealth1, V1 or extra tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts