BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm early in the process of selling stuff (moving out of state for grad school), and want to try local forums before having to ship these, so sorry for the lack of pics. Just seeing if there is interest locally - if there is, I can take more detailed photos.

For sale is a set of straight E39 M5 wheels (18x8 F, 18x9.5 R) that were painted gunmetal gray. More pics can be provided if there is interest.

I am willing to sell just the wheels, but if tires are wanted there are a couple of options.

Currently the wheels have mounted on them used but still very good condition Hoosier A6 autocross racing tires, sized 255/35/18 F and 275/35/18 R. Stock M5 wheel size = can stay in stock class if you have an M5.

Alternatively I won a raffle for a free set of ANY Kumho tires - any model, any size. That means all-seasons, sport tires, R-compounds, you name it, brand new and mounted/balanced. If you want the set, we can negotiate a price. I have to go up to Canada to get them installed (part of the deal - event where I won the raffle was in Canada) so some sort of deposit would have to be put down so I don't get stuck with a set of tires that someone else wanted!

Kumho may be new/cheaper, but they are absolutely a solid tire company. I have had 3 sets on various cars, street and racing, and they have been fantastic. Only reason for giving up the raffle is the tires on both my cars, street and racing sets, are in great condition still and this voucher expires end of this year.

Some notes:

-The wheels were painted by the previous owner and are in very good condition overall. A couple scrapes here and there but I'd give them a solid 8/10 at least.

-The Hoosier tires I bought very lightly used from John Berget Racing Tires (John Berget Racing Tires), which deals only race tires, usually used once or twice for Nationals and then sold. Since then I have done 3 events on them, about 15 runs. Never driven on the street. A lot of groove left (even with or slightly above wear bars) and nice and soft. These tires run $300 a piece new, without shipping and install.

-255/35/18 is a spec tire for some particular car and racing series, so Hoosier made their version MUCH wider than normal. It is virtually identical in width to the 275, in fact. Definitely helped kill the understeer I had with 245/275 street tires. They also never rubbed on my M5 on stock suspension, even at full lock.

-The fronts hold air perfectly fine for a day or maybe more (never checked them after an event), but over time will leak air. No holes or defects, I think just the seal with the rim isn't ideal due to the tires being so darn wide on an 8" rim. Just air them up before the event and they'll be fine for at least the day.

This is a GREAT auto-x setup for a 5-series, I loved using them. I just need to clear out as much stuff as I can. I am NOT selling the car though :)

Asking $1000 firm picked up for the wheels and Hoosier tires mounted together. IMO this is a steal, but I really don't want to ship. Wheels alone or +Kumho tires, we can negotiate something. If you buy wheels and tires together, I'll throw in a set of nice BMW-branded TireTotes which make moving and transporting them a ton easier and cleaner.

Pics on my Silverstone M5:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some detail pics. I took closeups of the blemishes. The wheels and tires are in even better shape than I remembered. One rear has some curbing and a rough patch, but the rest are quite good. Tires are a little above the "wear bars" which for race tires don't really mean they are worn out at all. A heck of a deal if anyone can use them.

Also note that on all of the blemishes, the paint is not flaking or chipping at all, evident of high-quality paintwork.

Front 1, a few small nicks

Nicks:

One more nick:

Front 2, excellent

Rear 1, a couple very small nicks

Nick 1:

Nick 2:

Rear 2, some curbing and a rough patch

Curbing:

Rash:

Remember, if you don't want the set, we can work out a deal for ANY set of brand-new Kumho tires or for just the wheels or tires alone.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have an offer on the wheels. Wheels will be sold unless I get a good offer for the set of wheels/tires by end of the working day tomorrow (Tuesday).

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheels along with the tires are back for sale.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold, but the Kumho tires (brand new, any model or size) are still available.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks again, the wheels and tires are great. Free bump for your tires. I also would suggest starting another dedicated thread. Safe travels to the mid west.
Jacob

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again, the wheels and tires are great. Free bump for your tires. I also would suggest starting another dedicated thread. Safe travels to the mid west.
Jacob
Thanks man! Glad they're working out for you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts