BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I’m contemplating selling my 2002 M5. I purchased this M5 in January of this year with the intentions of restoring it but with my current situation and looking ahead, I don’t think I’ll be able to devote the time and love it deserves.
Carbon Black and Imola Red/blk is a rare combo and is 1 of 43 in all of NA according to very reliable source, SickFinga at maxbimmers.com. I purchased the car around 76k miles and it currently sits at 81,5xx miles. Car was parked for couple of months and in March, I brought the car to my mechanic and had him go through the entire vehicle and fix any issues at that time. Following items were addressed at that time.
Valve cover gaskets
Thermostat/Thermostat Housing Gasket
Spark plugs
Oil Service
Differential Side Cover Seal
Pinion Seal
Differential Fluid
E-brake re-build (Brake Shoes and Hardware kit)
Front Driver Caliper Rebuild with new seals and cylinder
Rear Brake Vacuum Shields
Passenger window regulator
Coolant sensor
Trunk latch release wiring (Trunk would not release).
The car is currently at the shop getting a new Fuel Pump and a new Fuel Filter.

The rear view mirror had leaked so I go it repaired at Radar Mirror. Installed new front cup holder and installed Angel Eyes. I also have brand new front windshield and rear window molding which are not installed.

The car comes with full maintenance records from day 1 (5,721 miles till now). I have receipts of all the service performed on the vehicle by PO’s and under my ownership. All mechanical/electrical issues are addressed so the car is all sorted out.

There are few minor issues which have come up since I did the major maintenance back in March. The remote key (only key) does not unlock the door… have to do it manually, the rear deck shelf rattles (common issue from what I hear), the rear passenger door latch sometimes gets stuck and I believe there is slight bend in one of the wheels as it shakes around 75 mph on the freeway.

Interior is gorgeous and is in outstanding condition. Everything inside works as it should. No dead pixels, all power window/sunroof/rear sunshade works. No rips or tears in the leather seats. The trim has very minimal scratches around the shifter/ashtray area. Side mirrors fold and passenger mirror tilts on reverse. Both the mirrors are stain free. The only thing which needs to be replaced is the sliding storage bin below the center armrest… the sliding part is broken and I didn’t bother replacing it.

The car has the following mods
Supersprint Magnum Exhaust
Dinan SSK
Black Kidney Grill with Tri-Color stripes
20% (I think) 3M tinted windows

Now, here comes the bad part. Being a Midwest car throughout it’s life and being driven in winters, it has unfortunately developed rust in normal areas. Both the rear quarter panels just above the bumper and a small area around the wheel arch has rust. The trunk has multiple areas of rust and the trim below the trunk has rust in the middle. The fuel pocket has rust along the seam. The worst one is the driver side rocker. The jack point in the rear is all rusted out. The right side seems to be fine. Underneath there is surface rust on the fuel lines, cross braze and fasteners. Other than that, there is no rust anywhere and it’s pretty solid.

There are other minor exterior issues. The driver front fender has a dent which can PDR’d. The right front fender and the passenger door has a long scratch, the front windshield and rear window seals are cracked (I have brand new ones). Other than that, I can’t think of anything else. I like to be completely transparent and will gladly answer and questions and take pictures/video if someone needs it. For now, I have following picture, I will upload detail interior pictures and areas of concerns once the car is back from the shop.

The car is located in Detroit area. You can reach me directly on my cell 248-212-5746 or on my email [email protected].

Looking to get $18,000 for the car in AS IS condition.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Any interior pix?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any interior pix?
Here are couple of interior shots. Will more detail pictures once the car is back from the shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish your car was the inverse of its color...

Very nice car otherwise, good luck with sale.

Thank you!

I see that you are looking for IR. This has IR in it... ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car is back from the shop. Here are some interior shots
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
some i

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys, Royal Red is gone. Let's find a good care taker for this one :)

I'm dropping the price to $16500... looking to move this soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fresh oil change with BMW 10W60 and filter

M5 Oil Change.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts