BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am interested in potentially parting ways with my grey 2007 E63 M6 TRUE 6 speed manual. I purchased the car 3 years ago and have been very happy with it overall. I don’t use the car as a daily driver since I live in NYC and commute with the subway. I bought the car with 79k miles.

Car now has over 97k miles and runs good overall. The car is bone stock. Since I bought the car, I’ve done the following:

• diff flush and oil change as soon as I bought it.
  • new brakes and rotors all around.
  • 4 new Michelin Pilot Sports with alignment.
  • new power steering reservoir (preventative since it was leaking)
  • cylinder #8 ignition coil
  • AC belt.
  • new key. However, CA still needs to be programmed.
  • oil has also been changed every 3k to 4K miles since I’ve owned it at local Indy shop.
Car hasn’t given me many headaches, but I also don’t beat on it.

Some flaws include the sagging headliner (was quoted $600 to fix by local upholsterer) and parking dings since I park in the street.

I HAVE NOT completed the Rod Bearing service on the car since I’ve owned it.

I’m located in Queens, NY and would consider $19,500 for the car. Let me know your thoughts please.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
What's the title status? You mentioned a coil being replaced, when were the plugs last done? That seems like a great price based on the 6MT sales I was tracking earlier this year when I was looking for mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello everyone,

I am interested in potentially parting ways with my gray E63 M6 TRUE 6 speed manual. I purchased the car 3 years ago and have been very happy with it overall. I don’t use the car as a daily driver since I live in NYC and commute with the subway. I bought the car with 79k miles.

Car now has 97k miles and runs good overall. Since I bought the car, I’ve done the following:

• AC belt.
  • oil has also been changed every 3k to 4K miles since I’ve owned it at local Indy shop.

Some flaws include the sagging headliner (was quoted $600 to fix by local upholsterer) and parking dings since I park in the street.

I’m located in Queens, NY and would consider $19,500 for the car. Let me know your thoughts please.
Hello everyone,

I am interested in potentially parting ways with my gray E63 M6 TRUE 6 speed manual. I purchased the car 3 years ago and have been very happy with it overall. I don’t use the car as a daily driver since I live in NYC and commute with the subway. I bought the car with 79k miles.

Car now has 97k miles and runs good overall. Since I bought the car, I’ve done the following:

• AC belt.

What's the title status? You mentioned a coil being replaced, when were the plugs last done? That seems like a great price based on the 6MT sales I was tracking earlier this year when I was looking for mine.
Thanks for commenting. Title status is clear (not salvage or Rebuilt). I called a BMW dealer listed in the Carfax that previously serviced the car and they indicated plugs were changed at 70k, along with the thermostat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have to imagine you'll sell it quickly at that price assuming they're no bad accidents or other extenuating factors. I saw a salvage titled example sell for 18,500, and a lower mileage one with a painted history (yet somehow had a clean title) sell for 29k. A couple nice, clean, low miles examples sold for 32k and 37k. I'm pretty sure there is still another in PA listed for close to 40k - none of these cars had record of the rod bearings being replaced when I spoke to the sellers. So the market for the 6MT is all over the place, but it would appear to be in your favor these days whether you sell or decide to hold on to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s great feedback. Thank you so much. I bought the car from a local dealer and it’s been running strong. No accidents listed in the carfax either.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Very cheap ,,,GLWS

Reactions: GME63M6

·
Registered
492 Posts
1 of 323 ever made in 6 speed. Cant believe it is not sold! Someone should snatch it quick as not often 6MT comes in for sale...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thoughts are that given the number of these to filter through BaT and regularly available on various for sale sites, the production number isn't probably the truth. Someone derived it by, supposedly, digging through build sheets. It's not officially from BMW AFAIK. Still, they aren't all that common. Perhaps just commonly for sale? Thought #2 is that with no rod bearing service, this isn't much here a dealer car doesn't offer, although the brakes and tires are worth something. Still, a check of pricing on dealer cars for sale would be advised to see whether pricing should be adjusted.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thoughts are that given the number of these to filter through BaT and regularly available on various for sale sites, the production number isn't probably the truth. Someone derived it by, supposedly, digging through build sheets. It's not officially from BMW AFAIK. Still, they aren't all that common. Perhaps just commonly for sale? Thought #2 is that with no rod bearing service, this isn't much here a dealer car doesn't offer, although the brakes and tires are worth something. Still, a check of pricing on dealer cars for sale would be advised to see whether pricing should be adjusted.
Here in Canada I have ever ever ever seen 3 e63 m6 with 6MT sold for the last 10 years , I have been in M game and searching for sale cars daily to keep up with the market.

m5 e60 with 6mt have seen around 10-15 cars, so big difference.

I am pretty sure the number is correct. Only 4 e63 m6 sold on BAT with 6MT. If you search m5board I clearly remember nicely done 09 white/red being sold here twice. Other than that couple of more cars, thats it.
Definitely low production numbers.
compare to z4m coupes that are 1400 cars in NA. There were plenty sold on BAT and on zpost. I owned 3 mcoupes before.
So i would say YES to 1/323 number out of my own experience and after owning more than 15 M cars over last 15 years. Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay... So I checked the production information more closely. There might be some "truthiness" to those numbers. What isn't true is that they were less than 5% of production. What might be true is that they were 5% of global production. Domestically, the take rate on the manual was closer to 10%. I could believe that, since at any given time there are about 20 or 30 cars for sale, with good handful of manuals tossed in. That's a fairly normal take rate, and one much high than a take rate where you start to see huge price premiums.

I would also speculate that if you pulled a Blackstone oil analysis on this, and did a little bit of PDR on the dents, you might hit the price on BaT, or higher. They probably haven't read all the data here that indicates a good Blackstone doesn't mean the bearing are actually good and will last (because they won't). Here's a good data point: 2007 BMW M6 Coupe 6-Speed and 2007 BMW M6 6-Speed. The guy bought the first 60k mile car for close to your ask, and then pulled the bearings. They were, not surprisingly, shot. Still, the car managed $18,500. The M5s with a good Blackstone generally bring a higher price, because it does at least mean the bearings aren't in a condition where they have sent enough trash through the motor to grenade it and mess up the VANOS. The second car had 78k and went no sale at $22,000. Which is, of course, completely nuts. That should have been a sale on a non-bearing, non-Blackstone car. So, you very might well get your price if the right people start bidding.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks for the insight guys. I actually never heard of bring a trailer. Going to check it out. I’m flexible on the price as well

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks for the insight guys. I actually never heard of bring a trailer. Going to check it out. I’m flexible on the price as well
Not smart to go with BAT for you. Car has to be very nicely presented with no flaws.
get the paintless dent master to get rid of all imperfections. And get the car to A1 condition, only after you can try BAT to get the best results. Hope it helps:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not smart to go with BAT for you. Car has to be very nicely presented with no flaws.
get the paintless dent master to get rid of all imperfections. And get the car to A1 condition, only after you can try BAT to get the best results. Hope it helps:)
Yea,you’re probably right.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts