BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am interested in potentially parting ways with my grey 2007 E63 M6 TRUE 6 speed manual. I purchased the car 3 years ago and have been very happy with it overall. I don’t use the car as a daily driver since I live in NYC and commute with the subway. I bought the car with 79k miles.

Car now has over 97k miles and runs good overall. The car is bone stock. Since I bought the car, I’ve done the following:

• diff flush and oil change as soon as I bought it.
  • new brakes and rotors all around.
  • 4 new Michelin Pilot Sports with alignment.
  • new power steering reservoir (preventative since it was leaking)
  • cylinder #8 ignition coil
  • AC belt.
  • new key. However, CA still needs to be programmed.
  • oil has also been changed every 3k to 4K miles since I’ve owned it at local Indy shop.
Car hasn’t given me many headaches, but I also don’t beat on it.

Some flaws include the sagging headliner (was quoted $600 to fix by local upholsterer) and parking dings since I park in the street.

I HAVE NOT completed the Rod Bearing service on the car since I’ve owned it.

I’m located in Queens, NY and would consider $19,500 for the car. Let me know your thoughts please.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
What's the title status? You mentioned a coil being replaced, when were the plugs last done? That seems like a great price based on the 6MT sales I was tracking earlier this year when I was looking for mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello everyone,

I am interested in potentially parting ways with my gray E63 M6 TRUE 6 speed manual. I purchased the car 3 years ago and have been very happy with it overall. I don’t use the car as a daily driver since I live in NYC and commute with the subway. I bought the car with 79k miles.

Car now has 97k miles and runs good overall. Since I bought the car, I’ve done the following:

• AC belt.
  • oil has also been changed every 3k to 4K miles since I’ve owned it at local Indy shop.

Some flaws include the sagging headliner (was quoted $600 to fix by local upholsterer) and parking dings since I park in the street.

I’m located in Queens, NY and would consider $19,500 for the car. Let me know your thoughts please.
Hello everyone,

I am interested in potentially parting ways with my gray E63 M6 TRUE 6 speed manual. I purchased the car 3 years ago and have been very happy with it overall. I don’t use the car as a daily driver since I live in NYC and commute with the subway. I bought the car with 79k miles.

Car now has 97k miles and runs good overall. Since I bought the car, I’ve done the following:

• AC belt.

What's the title status? You mentioned a coil being replaced, when were the plugs last done? That seems like a great price based on the 6MT sales I was tracking earlier this year when I was looking for mine.
Thanks for commenting. Title status is clear (not salvage or Rebuilt). I called a BMW dealer listed in the Carfax that previously serviced the car and they indicated plugs were changed at 70k, along with the thermostat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have to imagine you'll sell it quickly at that price assuming they're no bad accidents or other extenuating factors. I saw a salvage titled example sell for 18,500, and a lower mileage one with a painted history (yet somehow had a clean title) sell for 29k. A couple nice, clean, low miles examples sold for 32k and 37k. I'm pretty sure there is still another in PA listed for close to 40k - none of these cars had record of the rod bearings being replaced when I spoke to the sellers. So the market for the 6MT is all over the place, but it would appear to be in your favor these days whether you sell or decide to hold on to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s great feedback. Thank you so much. I bought the car from a local dealer and it’s been running strong. No accidents listed in the carfax either.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Very cheap ,,,GLWS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump- car is at 99k now. Just got the oil changed and replaced plugs and coils.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts