BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few Passport SRX radar detector/laser shifters that I need to get rid of. These are all brand new, still sealed and in the box, never opened or installed. I can sell them way below retail. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Vossen10 said:
I have a few Passport SRX radar detector/laser shifters that I need to get rid of. These are all brand new, still sealed and in the box, never opened or installed. I can sell them way below retail. PM me if you are interested.
How much are you asking? And how does it compare to the Valentine 1 radar detector?

Thanks,
-Hratch
[email protected]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HBeylerian said:
How much are you asking? And how does it compare to the Valentine 1 radar detector?

Thanks,
-Hratch
[email protected]
I'd like 600 + shipping. They retail for over 1000. Its a bit different than the Valentine 1. They are both liked for different reasons. I like the Stealth 1 install of the Valentine 1, the SRX cant do that, however the SRX has many valuable features that the Valentine doesn't have.

http://www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleID=1026

on page 1 is a review of the SRX and page 4 of the Valentine 1. The big difference from the Valentine is that the SRX is a laser shifter, not just a Detector. It is a virtually hidden install where many times the Valentine can be seen on peoples windshields. The only exposed part of the SRX is the rear laser shifter/sensor that is mounted as a black srtip right above the license plate. A black plate frame will disguise this pretty well. The whole laser shifter feature means if you get hit with the laser gun, the SRX will in a sense jam the laser and the cop wont get a reading. You can then slow down and press mute and the shifter turns off and the cop gets a reading. As far as detection ability, they are both pretty close. I have friends with each and they are both happy with them. The SRX is a bit harder to install because the shifters have to be mounted usually in the front grille, the radar sensor in the engine compartment and then wires have to go from the sensors to a main control box. That is one big downfall of the SRX, but is works very well. Let me know if you have any more/specific questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts