BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Ultimate Q-Ship (Family Car on STERIODS). I Never thought I would do this, but I have my Nicely Modified 2000 BMW E39 M5 for sale. This is the 3rd M5 I have owned and definitely the best. I have previously owned an E28 M5 and E34 M5. Not really interested in the E60 M5. I HAVE APPROXIMATELY $30K IN AFTER MARKET EQUIPMENT NOT INCLUDING LABOR ON THIS AWESOME M5. Here is the list:

· AC Schnitzer - 19" Type III Racing Wheels ($7500)
· AC Schnitzer - Short Shift Kit ($1000)
· AC Schnitzer - Pedal Kit w/Dead Pedal ($600)
· AC Schnitzer - Handbrake ($250)
· AC Schnitzer - Shift Knob ($400)
· Brembo BBK (Big Brake Kit – Front) - 15" (380 mm) w/Silver Calipers ($4500)
· Brembo BBK (Rear) - 13.5" (345 mm) w/Silver Calipers ($3400)
· EvoSport - 3.45 LSD ($2000)
· EvoSport - Power Pulleys ($500)
· Dinan - Front Strut Tower Brace ($500)
· Dinan - Rear Sway Bars ($220)
· SuperSprint – Magnum Exhaust ($1750)
· Supersprint – X-Pipe ($490)
· Powerchip - ECU and Software ($1200)
· Hella Angel Eye Xenon Headlights with clear reflector and blinkers ($1200)
· Koni FSD Shocks ($1000)
· Falken FK452 New Tires ($1200)
· Beastpower TCD Sway Bar Brackets ($120)
· Smoked Tail Lights ($800), ProShow Window Tint ($500)
<O:p
*** AC Schnitzer M5 Show Car *** One of a kind custom M5 with over $35K of modifications (Parts and Labor). Shown by CEC as an AC Schnitzer Show Car at various Car Shows across the country. This nicely Modded E39 M5 currently has 75K miles.
My M5 is in excellent shape and regularly maintained at the M Shop and Avus, both well respected Shops in the Los Angeles area that have a lot of experience with these cars. A real head turner that looks and sounds awesome, both civilized and aggressive. I have attached several Pictures for your review. VIN # WBSDE9346YBZ94135
Price out all of the individual parts from Beastpower, Dinan, Bavarian Auto and Evosport to verify the prices. In fact, if you are serious, I encourage a PPI (Pre-Purchase Inspection) at a reputable shop that is familiar with E39 M5’s. There are several in the Southern California area. I would like to get high $30’s for the car. I know that 2000 M5's are currently selling in the Mid $20K's but this is truly a special car. Imagine purchasing all of the mods that I have and getting the car for free!!!
This would make a perfect example for a Forced Induction Project. There are several tuners coming out with reasonably priced Twin-Turbo and Supercharger Set-ups in the $10K range. Magazine reviews have demonstrated that a Stock E39 M5 will do 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and the Dinan S2 has been clocked as low as 4.1 seconds. There are several custom supercharged E39 M5’s out there that are producing close to 800HP and daily driven. However their set-ups were quite costly. Imagine a kit for $10K that will put this 4-Door Sedan in 996 TT, Viper and F430 territory. What are you waiting for?
Not interested in parting out.
Call me at 310-403-3603 or you may email me at [email protected].
Thanks for looking,
James

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmm........pretty......

Chris

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good luck. You may get high 20's if you can find the right buyer. I suggest you pull and sell aftermarket stuff (that you can) since the M5 secondary market is pretty strong for this stuff. You can probably get low 20's for the car. I know it sucks (been there, and I have a decently modded 2000 currently) but the market is real soft on our cars right now.

Very nice ride btw...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Registered
464 Posts
Good luck. You may get high 20's if you can find the right buyer. I suggest you pull and sell aftermarket stuff (that you can) since the M5 secondary market is pretty strong for this stuff. You can probably get low 20's for the car. I know it sucks (been there, and I have a decently modded 2000 currently) but the market is real soft on our cars right now.

Very nice ride btw...
Wow - not worth getting rid of - if it were my beast. Keep her if you can as an extra vehicle, and go FI when you get the itch.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Bump. Would consider Cash plus interesting trades, possibly another Dirt Bike or Quad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Part out maybe ??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My cherished Beast is tentatively sold, awaiting final payment. I have mixed feelings right now, I know I will truly miss this wonderful car yet the money I get from this sale will be going to my current project that I can't wait to drive.

The buyer seems like a real enthusiast and I am sure he will be a member of this great forum.

I appreciate all of the people that have expressed interest in my M5 and have taken a look at it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to let those of you that I spoke with or PM'd earlier about my car that it MAY be available again. The buyer that has given me a deposit is not getting the financing terms that are reasonable for them. I will be contacting several Bankers that I deal with in the morning to see if they can assist the buyer get reasonable financing, otherwise the car may be back on the market. My deal with the buyer is just under $30K, which I believe is great considering the condition and mods on the car. Therefore, you guys that I spoke with when I was holding firm on my Mid $30K's price now may have the opportunity to get a very special, unique E39 M5 for less than the price of the mods by themselves. Imagine that. Anyone serious may make arrangements with a local shop to me that is familiar with E39 M5's, such as M Shop, Avus, Bavarian Workshop, etc..., and have a PPI that I will accomodate.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Any interior pics? I'm kind of interesed. Please PM with a little more info. How much HP after all the mods, cosmetic condition? etc...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ttt

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's official, my BEAST is up for sale again. The buyer was unable to obtain suitable financing. I will still entertain interesting trades plus cash.

If anyone is serious and not a tire kicker, feel free to set up a PPI at a local independent or a BMW dealer to check out the car. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
MMMMMMmmmmmm, thinking

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
[ATTACH[/ATTACH]
Any interior pics? I'm kind of interesed. Please PM with a little more info. How much HP after all the mods, cosmetic condition? etc...
Here is a dyno graph of the car showing Peak WHP at 338.8 and Peak Rear Wheel Torque at 318.1 Dyno2.jpg

I will take a few interior pics this evening.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interior Pics

Here are some interior pics as requested. The flash really highlights every crease and crevice on the seats, and washes out the color, but when you see them with the naked eye, the seats look great, with little wear and no rips or stains.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Monday Bump. For those interested, I encourage a PPI so you can confirm the condition of the car, which is excellent.

I neglected to state in the original post why I am selling my Beast. I had planned on keeping this car for some time and looked for over 6 months before I purchased it in 2004, but I have a new obsession that forces me to unload something. The Beast is the most logical because it gets driven the least.

I am hoping it goes to an enthusiast like me who can fully appreciate it. BTW, I have all of the keys that came with the car which include the two remote keys and the plastic key. I also have the title in hand, so it would not be necessary to deal wtih paying a lienholder off.

Here are the results from a dyno run showing Max RWHP at 339 and Max RWTQ at 318.

Attachments

Reactions: achong

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Nice allroad :)

Reactions: Ducman69
1 - 20 of 30 Posts