BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale: E39 M5 H&R Coilovers, used less then 1000 miles.

Comes with everything in the picture plus I'll include the modified rear "bump stops" that I experimented with.

This setup is ideal for someone who can give up some ride comfort for a weekend track car. The handling was great with these, much flatter cornering then the KWs I replaced these with, but since I want a softer ride these have to go. If I didn't have my E30 M3 for a track car, I'd still be running these :)

$1550 shipped

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thanks for the info, what variant of KW did you decide to go with and I gather from your post that you enjoy your current set up better then OEM and the H&Rs for road use? Josh

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
bmwusa said:
Thanks for the info, what variant of KW did you decide to go with and I gather from your post that you enjoy your current set up better then OEM and the H&Rs for road use? Josh
KW V2s is what I used. It's a good compromise, still rides a little rough but I'm letting the suspension break in and then i'll adjust the dampeners. I plan on doing a comparision write up for the board since I haven't come across one. The stock suspension was too "floaty" for me, the H&Rs too hard. While they handled great- really wasn't what I was after. As I said above, they would be perfect for some one who tracks their M5 on the weekend or can give up some ride quality for a great handling car on the backroads. The quality of the H&R components are much better then the KWs too.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
bmwusa said:
How much new if you dont mind me asking, thanks, Josh

Tirerack has them for $1700

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thnaks guys for the info, I am on the fence and just trying to decide out of all the possible choices, which would work best for me, Josh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts