BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm located in long island, ny. Would like to trade for an oem exhaust or something quieter. My car came with dual flowmaster exhausts (not sure of the model, but could look it up) and I think I have the resonator removed. It sounds very aggressive but a bit too much coming from a stock 540i.

Anyone interested? No idea what its worth if I just sold it outright. I don't know the age of the exhaust but it looked to be in good shape last time I had it on a lift for inspection (last week). Car was a north carolina car.

exhaust tips can be seen here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...80600557278&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tips are Ractive. I think I'm just going to try to replace the x-pipe first to stock to see if I can get rid of the drone.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what brand the x-pipe is or what its worth. I'll crawl under the car this weekend to take a look. Don't get me wrong, the car sounds pretty awesome with this setup and it just makes me want to race the car every time I step on it, but I just don't want the attention and I have an m3 which is noisy enough for me. I need one civil car and I just moved into a quiet neighborhood as well. I already got pulled over for the tints/exhaust after owning the car for a month and that was just from highway cruising. I think it was just for tint's but the cop mentioned my exhaust is loud.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have custom cans already but I was planning on xpiping it out... gotta have that F1 sound baby... Sort of the reason I bought an M5 and sold my M3. Know what I mean? I came from a Z28 which was the loudest exhaust I'd ever heard till the M5... Let me know how much you want. I may just end up going custom exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts