BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to sell my beloved wheels.

Fikse Profil 10 radially forged aluminum Full Polish finish with BMW roundels inserted, 8.5x18F, 10x18R w/ Dunlop 8080 245/40-18, 275/35-18 (car is featured on the Fikse web site). Absolutely NO curb rash or damage. Centers are clear-coated, rims are uncoated spun aluminum. They weigh 21.15 rear, and 20.0 front. Stock are about 25.6 rear, and 23.6 front.

These custom made wheels list for $4700, plus the extra set of centercaps that I had custom machined locally to accept the BMW roundels (extra $200). Original tires are excellent up front, rears are not yet to the wear marks. So total package new is about $6000. Everything is in perfect balance, and clean inside and out. Includes quality chrome wheel bolts, and a set of chrome wheel locks.

Everything you need to bolt right on. No waiting for custom orders, they are ready to ship. If nobody wants them on the board, I'll put them up on ebay.

Pics

original thread

$3000 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am interested however I am not interested in the tires and your price is a little highr than Wheel Enhancement quoted me new (without tires).

If you decide to sell without the tires and lower the price please let me know.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I can't believe you're selling your wheels :-(
I've always loved them and if I didn't have a set of Fikses already, I
would get yours. Good luck selling them. What's next for you?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mricorp said:
...your price is a little highr than Wheel Enhancement quoted me new (without tires)....
mricorp,

I wasn't aware they lowered the price, I'll have to call to verify. Are you sure they quoted you on the full polish finish ($79 per wheel extra), same size, style, etc? For example, the Profil 5's are a lot cheaper.

In July of 2003, Here's what I was quoted:

Profile 5:
Exotic Muscle: $3390

Profile 10:
Fikse:
F/R 1099/1219. When I pressed them, I was quoted 935/1037.

Local tire store (Discount Tire): 980/1080. When I pressed them, they went to 900/1000. Plus 320 for full polish, plus 85 for bolts and locks, 50 for balancing, 40 shipping, 257 tax. Total was $4632.10 for these wheels w/o tires.

Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry, I didn't realize they were full polish.

I was looking at TP's.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
01M5 said:
I can't believe you're selling your wheels :-(
I've always loved them and if I didn't have a set of Fikses already, I
would get yours. Good luck selling them. What's next for you?
01M5,
Thank you for those kind words. I can't believe it, either. My plans don't have anything specific in mind, I'm just reducing my investment in the M5 which is now more of a seasonal car, since I now have another car to drive in rain & snow (330Xi).

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Bill:

Not to be picky, but it is actually "Profil", instead of "Profile".

Did you ever consider Dinan wheels, at 4K they aren't cheap, but are cheaper than your Profil 10's and have proven to be great quality?

Travis

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M5Kid said:
Bill:

Not to be picky, but it is actually "Profil", instead of "Profile".

Did you ever consider Dinan wheels, at 4K they aren't cheap, but are cheaper than your Profil 10's and have proven to be great quality?

Travis
Yes, I know - goofed up.

Agreed, the Dinans are quality wheels. I'm just not nuts about the style. Wheel styling is so dang subjective, you know.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mricorp said:
...If you decide to sell without the tires and lower the price please let me know.
Done. The ebay auction hasn't moved from the initial $2600.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jpm5blu said:
Are the wheels sold yet?
Thanks
Jason
No not yet, but they will be - they've been bidded on ($2600 currently).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks anyway but I was looking for FM10's with TP Polish and no tires.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mricorp said:
Thanks anyway but I was looking for FM10's with TP Polish and no tires.

Good luck.
You're welcome. I had TP finish on a set of FM-5's on my Vette. Nice, but I like FP better. Dull/flat is great, but it seemed that TP was too close to FP but just needed a shine that could not be done. Like wheel styles, it's all VERY subjective! Good luck my friend, you won't be disappointed with Fikses!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SOLD!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts